Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I have NO queen  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Algonam

• House Bee
Re: I have NO queen
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 09:52:11 am »
Stella,

I am sorry to hear about your queen. She hasn't been gone very long since there are still live bees in your hive. Please keep us informed as to what happens with this in the next few days and weeks as I am interested to learn from this. I appreciate your frustration but you can't control nature!

The last couple of nights it has been 45F here and up to mid 60's at best during the day. If you are experiencing similar temps (which you usually do) you will definately need to keep your new queen and/or your brood warm. I'd bet the bees took care of the situation and you have a new young queen in there.
All the best!
Algonam

Oh Canada!

Offline stella

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 03:38:54 pm »
Thank you Algonam. As usual I appreciate your support.
I am sending good vibes to my hive. I even gave the girls a pep talk.  :-D
“The hum of bees is the voice of the garden.” — Elizabeth Lawrence

Offline stella

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 12:50:19 am »
Update.
As my flurry of hive survival continues, I am doing my best to save my only hive. I have found that it is very difficult, understandably, to get folks to part with a frame of eggs and brood. I have contacted many. This whole scenario is a result of in-experience and bees deciding to swarm and my newbee ignorance. I managed to find a MN company to ship me a MN hygienic queen (my original stock). She arrives Friday. Im afraid it may be too late for the hive but I have to try. I fear I have failed.

Thanks to all who reached out to help me.

Offline Algonam

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 06:30:00 pm »
I think this is just a hiccup and your hive will be just fine in a few weeks! If I was closeby I could have given you a frame or 2 today, but I think you are a few hundred miles away!

Oh Canada!

Offline S.M.N.Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »
Stella

Remember-bees have been with us for thousands of years. The hardest thing for any newer beekeeper is to be patient. I can not say for sure they
will requeen themselves but never give up. It would be a good idea to get a second hive. That way you can use one hive to help the other.

John

Offline stella

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 08:18:38 pm »
Thanks guys.

John, next year I will either order another package or make a split. I now can see how important it is to have 2 hives. *sigh*

Hey Algonam! You da man! Thanks friend. PS, Ive been locked out of my gmail account because I apparently dont appear to be who I was. I cant remember all these passwords. Its like this... I turned 50 and all of a sudden I no longer have a big enough hard drive to store all the info.  :thunder:

Offline Algonam

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:22 pm »
Huh....does this mean I'll be having similar problems in 3 weeks? (when I turn 50!!) lol.

I know what you mean about the passwords!!!!!! My head can't hold any more of them, and I refuse to duplicate them.....
ps. I copied you on an email earlier today, so when you remember your pw look out for it.  8-)

Oh Canada!