Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Storing Empty Comb  (Read 7850 times)

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
Re: Storing Empty Comb
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 08:09:36 am »
For those that like to use trash bags.  From my understanding most trash bag manufacturers line them with a pesticide to help keep the flies out of the trash. 

Hmm!! Something new to worry about??  Tell me more.

Not much more to tell.  I was told that by a former employee of Home Depot.  Apparently Home Depot has some phenominal training programs.  This friend went thru extensive training while working for HD.  She told me to not use trash bags for any type of food products.  I sort of wish I knew this about 10 years ago when I would hunt away from home.  I would pack all the meat in a cooler in trash bags and pack with ice.  Anyway.  I cant confirm or deny if they are lining them with pesticides, just food for thought.

Ok.  So now I had to actually do a search.  "Glad" trash bags are NOT lined with pesticides.  However straight from their website.....

.........GLAD Trash Bags are not recommended for food storage. However, GLAD Food Bags and GladWare® Containers are ideal for food storage and come in various sizes to suit your needs........

So maybe some do and some dont.....
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Re: Storing Empty Comb
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 08:29:57 am »
Thanks rdy-b