ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS > FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE

Reverse flow offset build.

(1/4) > >>

220:
Made a start on another project yesterday a reverse flow offset smoker.
Started looking at it back in May but hadn't made a start, finally cut the tank I had so size is now set and I can start on the firebox. I was planning on a square firebox but after cutting the tank I realised the offcut from either end welded back together would be more than big enough. Seeing as I am doing this on the cheap using what ever I can scrounge from around the farm a round firebox it will be.

Acebird:
This is a smoker?  And what would make it reverse flow?

220:
Where a conventional offset smoker has the firebox one end and the chimney the opposite end a reverse flow has them both at the same end. They are separated by a full length baffle plate, smoke and air comes out of the firebox and are forced to flow under the baffle plate around the end and back through the cook chamber. The idea is to even out the temp in the cook chamber and eliminate hot spots.
Obviously the baffle plate ends up hotter closer to the firebox and radiates more heat into the cook chamber but this is at the point air temp is at its lowest so in theory temps balance out very nicely.

220:
Day 1  cut the cook chamber to length & tacked the cook chamber offcuts together for the firebox

220:
Day 2 cut out the ends for the cook chamber

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version