Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping and Children  (Read 843 times)

Offline Bamboo

• House Bee
Beekeeping and Children
« on: May 09, 2018, 04:39:21 am »
Funny story, well after the event it was!
My daughter who was about 6 at the time had a friend over for the day to play. Come lunch time they wanted to sit outside in the sun being a beautiful day and eat their sandwiches. After about 15 mins my daughter comes in and asks if she can have the honey, grabs the jar and heads back outside. After another 15 mins or so I hear these squeals of delight coming from 2 little girls so I figure I should investigate. I find 2 six yr olds with their arms completely covered in bees, they had been dripping the honey all over their arms so the bees could have lunch too, looked a bit like Robbos' pic! They were having such a wonderful time and laughing their heads off. So a quick shake of the arms and I ushered them inside with not a sting had. The days before anaphylactic shock. The hives were only about 20m away so the girls didn't have far to go for a bonus feed. A million thoughts raced through my head as to what I was going to tell the girls' mother when she picked up her daughter but it was all fine in the end with no stings. Sort of things kids got up to in the county and made a great dinner story subsequently.

Offline splitrock

• House Bee
Re: Beekeeping and Children
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 07:11:12 am »
Cute story!

Offline DuaneB

• New Bee
Re: Beekeeping and Children
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 09:16:38 am »
What an awesome story.  A cute, but frightening,  sight I'm sure.

anything