Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
RAPID BEEYARD GROWTH / Re: I Have Too Many Bees
« Last post by Terri Yaki on Today at 09:33:44 am »
Have you considered selling some nucs or whole hives? In PA we can do that fairly easily. My mentor tells me that it is a matter just getting inspected and then you are licensed.
FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE / Re: Laser projects
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on Today at 08:52:20 am »
Thanks all.
Right now I?m working on a retirement plaque for Judy I have it designed in Lightburn. Just waiting for Judy to bee out of the house long enough to engrave it.
She spent 22 years a the Director of Religious Education at our old church and never received anything for it. Not even a thank you from the priest.
I have been wanting to do this for a long time.
Jim Altmiller
« Last post by Bill Murray on Today at 08:49:11 am »
Ladder, or if you have the wooden-ware split then recombine later.
CRAFTING CORNER / Re: Creamed honey advice
« Last post by NigelP on Today at 08:23:03 am »
Not quite bill.  Its a 2 part process, as the "seed" crystals cause more crystal to form  then some of these aggregate together. The paddle turns quite slowly (no froth at all) which mixes everything together and more importantly the friction of crystal aggregates rubbing against other aggregates breaks them down into the very fine crystals you want. It's best done somewhere cold. I do mine in the winter in my honey room where temps are around 4-5C,.The friction generates heat, and inside the churn it ends up around 21C. Virtually all the setting takes place in the machine over 2-3 days. When its white its done. I then heat to 30C overnight to make it easier to pour into jars and that's it.
Just don't let final set honey get too warm for too long as it will separate.
I do it in winter because if I do it in summer it never goes to almost white, you get a soft set but just not as good
« Last post by Michael Bush on Today at 05:26:55 am »
> I just have too many bees

Impossible.  That's a contradiction in terms. 

If they are too tall, you can harvest, or you can split them.  You'll get more honey if you don't split them and apparently you don't want to anyway.  So it seems you'd be better off harvesting.

There is also the option of a ladder... but it comes with it's own set of problems.  Basically you have to lift the full super over you head to walk down the ladder with it.

Another thing is move to a top entrance and make your stand just 3-1/2" tall.  That's what I do.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Orientation Flights
« Last post by Michael Bush on Today at 05:21:35 am »
>.How often will there be orientation flights?

Every nice afternoon.
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 02:04:42 am »
I'm impressed Jim!!!

Phillip
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Swarm Catching
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 02:03:41 am »
Good luck gww!
« Last post by Lesgold on Today at 02:02:49 am »
Well done Jim. You are up and racing.
Good job Reagan!