Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Virginia- a real newbie  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Flower of Eden

• New Bee
Hello from Virginia- a real newbie
« on: January 23, 2006, 03:46:44 pm »
Ihave just ordered my first hive and bees. I will need all the help I can get. I have read "Beekeeping for Dummies" and subscribed to the Bee Mag.   I have also called local extension office to get what they have and asked a few people who keep bees to let me watch them...but there arent' really that many here. One had quit, the other is getting new bees in the spring after losing his. My Dad said my great uncle kept bees but he didnt know anything about it. So this is where I stand and I look forward to learning a lot here.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 09:24:56 pm »
We will all be glad to answere any questions you have, just ask :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Flower of Eden

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:05:01 pm »
Thanks. I get here as much as possible...been so busy at work lately. Hive has arrived so now I get to put it together.... I'll keep you posted.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 04:17:17 pm »
Flower:

I believe you have come to the right place - although I might be a little bias  :oops:  but with nearly 1000 members and 20 thousand archived posts, you should have lots to read and plenty of help with your questions.

I haven't mentioned it in a while, so I guess it's okay: I took the cover photo (plus dozens of others) in Beekeeping for Dummies and it still stands as my most prolific accomplishment - I think it is in it's 11th printing now!!!!!

But I bring to the forum 30+ years of hobby beekeeping and that is only a sample of the assistance you have available here when questions arise.

Lastly, enjoy the other forums too - there are many to choose from and hopefully you will find many places here to converse with other members. I like to think of the forums as a community, not just a House of Beekeeping - I hope you agree :)

Best of luck, read all you can and never feel like a question you have isn't worth asking, I come here often for help because we have professional bee farmers, as well as beekeepers in some of the most hostile environments and climates in the world. There will always be an answer to your questions, even if we need to research an answer - this fine membership is well know for going beyond their own experiences to assist others.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Flower of Eden

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 11:54:56 am »
I've read" Beekeeping for Dummies". What a great book! It was really helpful. Now if I can just get this hive together......what kind of glue?...

Offline Jay

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 05:20:33 pm »
Any kind of waterproof glue is fine. Titebond III is good, or one of the polyurethane glues like gorilla glue or elmers I think makes one too! :D
By the rude bridge that arched the flood
Their flag to Aprils breeze unfurled
Here once the embattled farmers stood
And fired the shot heard round the world
-Emerson