MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

ALEC BALDWIN SHOOTS AND KILLS

<< < (4/4)

Ben Framed:
"Depending on the circumstances" is a key in my opinion as well. A 'thorough investigation'. With basic substantial questions, while receiving good solid honest 'verified' answers, should go a long way in finding the truth.

Then: What to do with the true should much easily determined, and determined fairly according to the law, no matter what the truth is found to be.. It is SO 'important' to have good, smart, 'honest' investigators involved. 

Remembering, here in America, we are innocent until proven guilty...  This includes Alex Baldwin. Like him or like him not...

salvo:
Hi Folks,

Copy and paste here. I don't own an old Colt:

The thing is there are two types of reproduction Colt 1873 single action revolvers. The most common type uses a transfer bar safety, meaning you cannot fire it by pulling back the hammer and releasing it. The other type, patterned after the original Colt, has a two or 3 step safety notch in the cocking mechanism, so if the hammer is drawn back even 1/4 of the way, it will catch on the safety notch instead of dropping and hitting the firing pin. Also, my understanding is the Pietta reproduction he was using had the transfer bar safety. Even if that is not correct, he would have had to pull the hammer back just a little less than 1/4 of the way and then release it to have it fire. This seems incredibly unlikely. Or the gun would have to be defective, something the armorer would have caught and if she had not then certainly Baldwin would be highlighting that fact now.

Sal

Kathyp:
I have not followed this much either, but IF they were taking the guns out to plink, then live ammo was around.  If it was around, everyone should have been double-checking everything to make sure no live rounds were where they were not supposed to be. 

I can picture a bunch of guys who are not shooters going out to plink and coming back to empty their pockets on whatever table was closest, along with ditching their weapons.  Add to that the ubiquitous alcohol and drugs on any set that I know of, and you don't need a conspiracy.  You just have stupid and lazy, along with negligent. 

Ben Framed:

--- Quote ---You just have stupid and lazy, along with negligent.

--- End quote ---

That is probably it in a nut-shell. But you can never tell from the outside looking in. Since someone was killed and another injured, a good thorough investigation, with regard to 'every detail' should be proceeding.

Michael Bush:
Update:

Looks like the FBI has examined the gun and said the only way it could have gone off is if it was cocked and the trigger was pulled.  Of course we all knew that already, but now it's official.  It also looks like Alec will be charged.  It isn't clear what the charge will be...  But that was the last I heard.  My guess would be manslaughter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version