MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room

<< < (2/19) > >>

buzzbee:
MikeCVA,
In all actuality the Constitution was written to limit the powers of the federal government . All powers not enumerated to the Federal government was reserved to the states and the people.
states have their own individual Constitutions , and most  have the same protections to the citizenry that is carried in the Bill of Rights.Powers to the states were not handed down from above,as they appear to be today. The Federal government was an agent of the states.

Section 21 of the PA Constitution
"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."
The second amendment and similar sections in state Constitutions are there to enforce compliance of the rest of the amendments.

Michael Bush:
>Civilians don’t need cars that will do 120mph and most cars won't do 120mph.

I've known hundreds of people personally who race cars.  And certainly know OF thousands.  I think they would all disagree... and racing cars has been a part of U.S. culture as long as there have been cars...  I think the government doesn't need to be telling me what I can have.

iddee:
""I think the government doesn't need to be telling me what I can have.""

I agree, in guns, cars, and more. I just can't see why one and not the other.

beemaster:
Good post!

I love people who NEED to put limits on things, as in "NJ limits 15 round magazines and NY limits it to 10 rounds, as does California" I went through 6 months of waiting for my firearms ID, being tested and probed in all the ways government does - including mental health backgrounds, addiction of alcohol and drugs  statements by all doctors I see and feedback from all police departments in any township I've lived in during the previous 10 years: then when I pass all that, the state still finds it necessary to limit me (us) to 15 rounds in a weapon? My point, 15 rounds (even 10) can do a lot of damage, then there are multiple magazines that can be carried. I can only assume limitations on magazine capacity is to allow a break during reload to shoot and kill someone on a rampage - I see no other reason to limit capacity.

So if the law says 10 round capacity, and someone with a legal weapon fires 10 times, a volley of fire in a Hellstorm returns? Is THAT the reason they put limits on rounds? I believe if you have passed the requirements in your state (and I know many states have few to no requirements) well if you passed, then let me have the same RIGHTS as all other law abiding gun owners. Don't throw out arbitrary numbers like 10 or 15 rounds because the anti-gunners want us to have no rounds and I can only believe the state limits rounds to appease both sides with a number they pull out of their rectum.

As I mentioned, police in NJ can not use stun Guns - is THAT safe? To quote recently deceased comic John Pinette "I say Nay Nay!" this ridiculous law does nothing but reduce the options an officer has when faced with life and death decision.

So I see no difference between a 33 round magazine in my Glock or a 15 round, nor any difference in a car that can do 120 vs. a car that maxes out at 80 - it is the driver or weapons owner, not the vehicle or weapon that is in control. If someone wants to spend $200 grand on a car that can do 170mph, and it is totally street legal and registered within a state, there is nothing legally stopping the drive from taking this car on the road. The law comes in when this vehicle that can go three times the marked speed limit exceeds the posted speed - and that comes back to operator responsibility. The same rules apply if your license is to operate a car by the law or operate a gun by the law. You have accepted responsibility to operate with in the law.

Don't lay any temptation BS on someone because they have a fast car or high capacity weapon - it is not the law abiding people breaking these laws, it is the criminal element, and surely THEY never took the time to jump through the same hoops we did to get what supposedly is RIGHTED to us in the Constitution.

Lastly, many states have fully automatic weapons, even one in the North East that I know of - in these state, gun owners abide by their laws as well. It's always the criminal element and don't get me wrong - it's a fact that many gun crimes have happened with licensed gun owners with registered guns - that does not discount the fact that this person is still part of the criminal element - the difference they chose to do it legal with the intent that if caught at a non violent crime, their "get out of jail card MIGHT be to have to surrender their weapons and license" a get out of jail free card. And don't think the criminals don't have such thoughts.

I boils down to one thing to me - you shouls be afforded what ever protection you believe you need to save your life and the life of others, and in states where permitted save your property as well. And no one other than you can be that judge. What if after a long drought, you see someone pouring gasoline along your property line to burn you out? This may not be a save property situation any more, it could be a save your family from burning to death citation - so what do you do, pop him in the head at 100 yards and drop him where he stands or wait until he starts the fire and hope he tries coming in your home and kill your family with a knife so your burnt remains look like death by fire. In this case, I say better judged by 12 then cremated by house fire.

Anti gunners need to get a grip and stop micromanaging what they think gun owners should own. If we are obeying the law, then keep your business out of our business. The same anti-gunners will beg you to go out and shoot a dog tearing their child apart, and I don't of anyone that wouldn't do that - but who did the anti-gunner go to first - not the police. It is hypocritical to say citizens don't need guns "unless in benefits" the anti-gunner.

People should be glad they have responsible people what choose to use their 2ND Amendment Rights to bear arms - it is a collective force that is at the ready if SHTF. I had to leave my wife home alone for 6 nights during the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy: she was in the living room, lit be candles and the only luxuries were hot water and a radio. Those nights she was scared because out the window she saw activity that looked shady and seemed like people eying up homes for invasion. That will never happen again, she is trained to use all weapons we own and they are close by. She will not be alone again, she'll have protection. And even if she hears jiggling at the doors, she knows the 21 foot rule - if they are closer than that, then the advantage of having a closely stowed or holstered weapon has a greatly reduced chance of saving your life. I'd be proud of her if she put a bullet into the door as a warning and end the confrontation before it escalated - but if the threat kept coming, then it's time to unload the gun as necessary and reload if possible. Citizens deserve the same motto as the police "at the end of the day it their my job to go home alive their family" and we deserve the same.

And no, I'm not a believer in warning shots - but if it stops an intruder before they breech the door - then put a 124 grain flat nose in the floor if you have to, ideally they'll quickly assess that this is not the house they plant to enter, thus move on. It is whatever it takes to survive, but luckily MOST gun owners shot paper or steel or animals, not intruders. But if an intruder knows you have weapons, chance of them coming into your home is slim to none - unless they have a death wish, then I hope they get their wish.

Michael Bush:
My grandpa always insisted he preferred a single shot and he claimed he could shoot a single shot as fast as anyone could aim and fire a semiauto.  He did specify AIM and fire...

Ross Siegfried used to write a lot for the gun magazines and said he lent his Ruger #1 (single shot rifle) to his then fiancee' (now his wife) and she was coyote hunting.  Later that day she chewed him out because she called in five coyotes and he had lent her a single shot.  He asked if she got the coyotes.  Yes, she got all of them, but she broke a nail...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version