Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What Are Your Experience With Mountian Camp?  (Read 3586 times)

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
jimmy

Offline FatherMichael

• House Bee
41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: What Are Your Experience With Mountian Camp?
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2021, 07:07:28 pm »
Let me add. I was taught to use newspaper for placing the loose sugar. I did not have any and simply used copy paper. Even though it is thicker it did not seem to slow them down. It may have even helped support the sugar where I made the slits?
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2021, 10:17:29 pm »
That sounds simple enough
           I take 3 cups sugar and about 3 T. water.  Mix in a bowl by hand and press it into a disposable pie pan.  I score it in the middle and let it dry at least overnight.  Then I put it into a plastic bucket with lid to keep it dry.  I  just make these little "bricks" as I need them.  Carry this out to the bee yard with me.  If there is any left in the spring, I can make sugar syrup with it.
jimmy

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2021, 01:54:38 am »
I used to make bricks like those.  I used about 4 lbs of sugar and 7-8 oz water.  They work great until you reach 20 or more hives.  Then the bucket can't hold all the bricks you need. :wink:

Offline BAHBEEs

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 03:44:03 pm »
Unless we have a truly awful year form now on I am done feeding.  This is the second year I have had hives that I would call hugely honey bound...and I didn't feed this fall.  This decision will be very location and yearly climate dependent...but they do not always need feeding...at all.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2021, 11:58:15 pm »
Just an update the Mountaincamp method worked great, both hives made it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome well done, enjoy your bees.

I am now a total believer as well! At least for my area and zone. Thanks all.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

anything