Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from north of Tampa Bay  (Read 1623 times)

Offline Busybee58

• New Bee
Hi from north of Tampa Bay
« on: January 15, 2022, 10:39:35 am »
I am so happy to finally get into this forum!  My registration email kept going to spam folder and just now realized it. I was so frustrated that I wasn't hearing back to get access.  This is my first forum, hopefully I can make my way around it.

Anyway, TOTALLY excited to be here, thank you for letting me in.  I have been reading and watching videos for the past 5 months and right before Christmas I ordered my first 2 hives, one a Langstroth and one a Layens. I plan to compare the two and see what works best here where I live, up in Mermaid country!  I have great expectations that I will be successful, I guess time will tell. I pick up my nucs the first weekend in March, and my biggest challenge starting out will be temporarily converting the Layens hive to accept the nucs' Langstroth frames until I can transition them out. 

My husband and I are vegans for 4+ years, we love every aspect of nature (except hurricanes) and since bees are so vital to mankind's wellbeing, I decided I wanted to become a part of the fascinating work that they do.

That's a lot of information on my first post, and I apologize, but wanted to say HI, and I hope to find answers to the multitude of a questions I have moving forward along this this journey I have started for myself. 

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Hi from north of Tampa Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 11:27:19 am »
Welcome Busybee58! We are glad to have you join us. I joined almost a year before I obtained bees, while in the mean time enjoyed reading and studying here. I also watched youtube videos as well. I have been asking questions ever since I obtained those first bees lol....   Feel free to do the same. Most here are patient and very helpful!

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 12:26:10 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, Busybee58!  :grin:  Feel free to ask any and all questions you may have, or just peruse around and read if you like.  We all loving talking about bees and asking and answering questions. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 01:20:58 pm »
Hi welcome to the most frustrating, fascinating and satisfactory hobby in the world.
A small piece of well meaning advice.
I'd concentrated on learning how to keep bee's well in one hive type before trying 2 different hives with different frame sizes.
Using hives with different frame sizes is going to cause you problems down stream.
The bees won't care which hive type they are in, they will however appreciate being "looked after well"..

Offline microage97

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 12:49:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 04:06:39 pm »
welcome  :happy:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 08:48:38 am »
Welcome to Beemaster..
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 07:18:11 pm »
Welcome
Mermaid country hmmm close by. Enjoy your bees

anything