3 (18.8%)
grow plants
4 (25%)
camping
3 (18.8%)
fishing
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Favorite Farm Passtime  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Favorite Farm Passtime
« on: January 29, 2005, 12:35:18 am »
What is your favorite farm passtime? I like to build. Tell me if I missed some.
Ryan Horn

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Favorite Farm Passtime
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 03:20:36 am »
What I like best about living in the country is having animals. I like to garden too...... but you can do that with a small yard in the city.

I have loved any kind of animal since I was small. If I had my way, I'd have a couple horses, goats (for meat and milk), chickens, a "guard" llama, maybe homing pigeons, 10-15 bee hives, peacocks, and lots of ducks and geese. Plus I'd continue doing things like I do - dabble in woodworking, garden, mess with hydroponics, maybe get "off the grid", fish, go for walks with my dogs, and make lots of home-made things with bees wax and goat's milk.

I'm getting to that goal with adding the goats and chickens in the next couple months. Oh, and my husband has been working on building a small magnetic generator. He would love to learn the process by building this small one, and work towards a larger one to supply us with electricity. He was first interested in a wind generator, but we don't get enough steady wind here. I don't know if he'll ever actually build anything that works, but it interests him and keeps him busy. Just wish I had my kitchen table back instead of it being covered with magnets, wire, carbon rods, computer guts, and other unknown things. :)

Beth

Anonymous

Favorite Farm Passtime
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 10:18:16 am »
8) Sitting on a tractor turning the earth. Nothing like the smell of fresh turned dirt. Fresh mowed hay comes a close second though. But the smell of fresh hay is second only because the strongest smell is in the hot barns hay mow.
I also like to plow snow in the winter, isn't winter with out snow.

:D Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Favorite Farm Passtime
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 02:31:27 pm »
Your right Al, I think they could make alot of money if they could put the smell of fresh turned dirt or freshly cut hay in a candle, just love those smells.
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

Favorite Farm Passtime
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 05:36:19 pm »
:) Better to be put in a bottle. Much   :roll: safer than a burning candle.

:D Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Favorite Farm Passtime
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 02:03:06 am »
There where so many great tractors on here and it seamed that everyone was enjoying it so I split this topic into tractors.
Ryan Horn