Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What constitutes 'Good Beekeeping Practice' ?  (Read 6190 times)

Online gww

• Super Bee
Re: What constitutes 'Good Beekeeping Practice' ?
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2018, 12:16:24 pm »
lj
It is what it is but it is also hard to say what is better.  I remember being young and raising a few hogs and a bucket calf or two.  Back then everybody did it.  Then along comes the factory pigg raisers that base thier profit margine on having 35 thousand pigs and just making less on each one.  Now there are not many out there just keeping a few and that being everywhere.  Same with fish where we ship all our spiecies to far shores and what we eat is shipped to us from far away.  I don't know that taking the profit margin away from the small spred out producers made the food system any stronger but it is what it is.  The trends to bring food prodution back with farmers markets and such may be better or may not be as efficiant.  I am too dumb to know.  I would say if we ever have a war where shipping is disrupted that being able to do it local will be better and if shipping is open what we have now may not be bad.  Hard to say that one view is better or worse.  It has changed since I was a kid and it would be hard for me to say all those changes are good or bad.  It would depend on what I wanted to do as to how I felt about it at differrent times.
Cheers
gww

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm »
"emotive rhetoric"

Is an expression used by some people who don't like opinions that are different then theirs.

You started this thread with the intention of shaming people who don't agree with your views.  I use the term "dumping poisons" because it describes to me what they are doing.  In the case of agriculture I am not so naive to think I could survive without their efforts.  In the case of honey though not one pound is needed, it is only desired.  The production of honey by large beekeeping operations does not affect me.  What they do is up to them.  I don't begrudge them from making a living however they want to.  They should not try to force me to do it their way.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 02:56:24 am »
AB wrote in part;
>Is an expression used by some people who don't like
>opinions that are different then theirs.

And right there is an opinion designed in disguising
thinly what the statement really is.

> You started this thread with the intention of shaming
>people who don't agree with your views.

In snapshot - having just read the the thread - it is my take LJ
expressed a concern for yet another instance where the blind
could lead the unknowing. Noted is the circumstance is quoted
from another forum. Interesting it is to note your passion here
despite owned failures in having bees in your yard, bees of a kind.

Always happy enough as a bee wrangler(livestock manager) to help
out folk willing to pay attention I would offer those who argue justification
for losses could well be focused moreso on Internet than any Bee Cycle.

Bill