Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Atlanta, Georgia noob here  (Read 7559 times)

Offline The Dregs

• New Bee
Re: Atlanta, Georgia noob here
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 10:55:21 pm »
Yeah, you're right. Dang. Another site I looked at early had them out, but still available for pick up. This stuff is surprisingly hard to locate.

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 11:07:01 pm »
It's the time of year.  Usually ordering bees/equipment/etc. takes place over the winter so you are first in line when they are available.  I got my nucs this year from P.N. at the beginning of March because I ordered in early January.  Last year I didn't order until February and didn't get my bees until mid-April.

The same is true of some equipment which is not as easy to get in the spring when everyone wants it.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline The Dregs

• New Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 09:29:43 pm »
Wel,l not one of the half dozen people I have emailed about supplies/info have gotten back to me.  :-x

I aint giving up though, I'll figure this out. Got me a copy of Beekeeping for Dummies. To hold me over.

Offline GTBee

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 11:06:07 am »
Hello The Dregs!  Just checked this forum this morning so am a little late in my greetings.  Hope your Cinco de Mayo party went well last night.  Where bouts in Marietta are you?  I'm next door in Powder Springs but was born and raised in May-retta.  I would be more than happy to host you at my apiary or answer any questions you might have.  Give me contact.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 10:18:12 pm »
Doak here.
If you could find a beekeeper with some yrs of experince it will be a big help. If he/she is willing to take time with you. I didn't have anyone to work with but did get some tips a local beekeeper. Plus working the net and getting 8 or 10 books, have read all half doz times.
Try this one

1-800-233-7929

doak