Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
You could possibly cut out a small section of comb with eggs for him, which won't have a major impact on your new hive. I do this quite frequently when requeening and it seems to work well.
I was wondering about something like that. Thanks, I'll look into that. Could a few eggs possible be picked out with a dental pic and placed into his comb?

Not quite like NigelP method; I learned this from a Fellow in another country a few years ago.

Here is the original post.

A unique way to develop queens.

<<on: April 24, 2020, 02:06:10 pm >>

With the recent talk of queen rearing and grafting, I have decided to share the following. I am learning form a fellow in the middle east, (Turkey), that raises queens differently from anyone that I have studied anywhere in the world. Translation of languages on google sure helps! What he does is place the queen in a queen excluder cage that holds an empty brood frame. placing this right back in the hive. When the larva is the right age, and all will be the same age in each area, he removes this frame, cuts a long strip of this comb with the contained larva, shaves off a small portion of the comb face, leaving the larva automatically in a shallower cup than was original. Then, cuts these into one pieces cups separating them , placing them in a Nicot holding holder, (The pale yellow cell cup block), (the one that you would normally place the little hard pale brown cell cups in), securing these on the bar lined up as a normal nicot go round. Then he places a drop of wet wax to make sure the cups are bonded in place, then adding this set up to his cell builder, and the results are astonishing! The larva are never disturbed.

Phillip

https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=53547.msg483414#msg483414
>No harm in trying if you have the time and patience. Thats how we learn things.

No.  No harm.  But I don't see any way it can succeed.
What do  you see as the failure point(s)? If I ever decide to give it a go, I'd keep them in mind. BTW, I'm known to do things umm...errr....eeeehhh...differently than other people. :cool: I hear, "That's not exactly how I would do that", a lot.
>No harm in trying if you have the time and patience. Thats how we learn things.

No.  No harm.  But I don't see any way it can succeed.
WEB VIDEOS / Re: People Yoiu Can?t Trust
« Last post by Terri Yaki on April 17, 2024, 06:54:53 am »
This is a very worthy interview and watchable at 1.5x. I had intentions of watching it in three pieces but once I got started, I couldn't stop. Thanks for posting that. This should seriously concern every one of us.
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Last post by Lesgold on April 17, 2024, 01:08:02 am »
Another good day out in the bush with my detecting mate. We wore waders and made the effort to check areas that were difficult to detect using our standard attire. The two bigger pieces were found in large pools of water. The size and number of nuggets is dropping away. This is to be expected and won?t change unless we have a large flood come through. We are still extremely happy with the gold that we are finding. Days like this will soon become a rarity.
WEB VIDEOS / 21 year of Marine Corporal Charles Berry
« Last post by Ben Framed on April 17, 2024, 01:06:52 am »
Said one of the six Marines he saved that day. >Not a day goes by when we don?t think about Charlie.<

https://youtube.com/shorts/Amz0-wj0ZQc?si=Tx9c0l_OcAGtkkg2
Most of what I am doing takes only a short period of time. Large, complex engraving jobs could take a couple of hours but the beekeeping stuff that I make generally takes anywhere from a minute to 30 minutes. From memory, the comb honey frames take about an hour for 32 pieces to be cut.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Follow the Bloom - 2024
« Last post by The15thMember on April 16, 2024, 07:15:27 pm »
The crabapples just opened here too.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Follow the Bloom - 2024
« Last post by BeeMaster2 on April 16, 2024, 06:30:24 pm »
Saw Low Bush Gallberry in bloom today. High Bush Gallberry has small buds.
Jim Altmiller
Les,
With my Creality Ender 5 Plus, prints can take hours, and in some cases days to print. This means it gets unwatched for long periods of time. How long are your longest prints?

Jim Altmiller
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10