BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

beeswax rendering

(1/4) > >>

Thomas2691:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Thomas and I would like to know if any of you guys know where I can render my organic natural beeswax anywhere in the United States.

Ps: I have a lot of quantity

Kind Regards

BeeMaster2:
Thomas,
First, welcome to Beemaster.
Most beekeepers clean there own wax. If you are good with your hands, I would recommend building a solar wax melter. Once built, it requires the least amount of work. Your other choice is to get a couple of large pots put water in the bottom and melt it do. Once melted pour it into another  container that is covered with mesh like cheese cloth.
Bee very careful. Wax is very flammable.
Jim

Eric Bosworth:
I have to agree with Jim but cheese cloth is not the best choice. An old T shirt will be a better filter but depending on the wax you may want to filter it through cheese cloth first. If it was from the brood nest the cocoons will probably need to get filtered through cheese cloth. I take wax with cocoons and filter it through cheese cloth, then before it solidifies I wring out the as much wax as possible from the cheese cloth. Then I filter it through a T shirt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

paus:
I use an old ice chest covered with Plexiglas and use a disposable roasting pan with a drain hole.  The cheese cloth can be put in the solar melter and get most of the residual wax.

Acebird:
Thomas it is not clear to me what you are asking for.  Do you want someone to render your wax and give it back to you or are you looking for someone to sell your wax in the US?  Exactly how much is a lot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version