MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > HUMOR IS A FUNNY THING

2024 5 5

(1/1)

Salvo:
Hi Folks,

A little-known fact about Hellman's mayonnaise:

Hellman's has been made in England since well before the 20th century. Well-liked in the UK, USA, and especially Mexico, it was incorporated into a number of traditional tasty dishes to give it a new, and much-loved, flavor. Hellman's was so popular in Mexico that many ships, even passenger liners, carried large quantities to New York, then to Vera Cruz, Mexico, for distribution throughout much of that nation, as it became a popular condiment (and therefore profitable cargo).

Getting even crazier: the Titanic was supposed to bring nearly a year's supply of Hellman's from England to New York, then Vera Cruz, but all it was lost when the Titanic sunk. The citizens of Vera Cruz were so upset when the learned of the sinking of the Titanic and all of the precious Hellman's that they declared a *National Day of Mourning,* which was called..

El Sinko De Mayo.

Sal
Hey. I only got so many of em.

Terri Yaki:
That's what we call, 'a real groaner', 'round here. :cool: For the west coasters on board, that mayo is labeled 'Best'. Same great taste, just different label on the jar. But no, I do not have the reason why,

animal:
UUUUggg ... that was bad, really really bad ... I like it !  :cool:

Terri Yaki:
The only thing good about that joke is...it makes mine look good. :cheesy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version