Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Stings  (Read 31541 times)

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
Re: Stings
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2012, 11:07:20 am »
you guys have no guts!!!   :evil:

extra strength Vagisil. 

Active Ingredients: Contains: Benzocaine USP (20% - External analgesic), Resorcinol (3% - External analgesic)

that's more Benzocaine than you get in most anti-itch meds and at a much cheaper price.

LMAO!  Hey, I'll try anything once.  Forgive my ignorance, but I assume this is a topical?

You can try it orally, but then you'd be like the Professional Cheerleader suing the birth control jelly company because she was spreading it on her toast in the morning :shock:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2012, 11:39:15 am »
missed some of this :-D

i found it after a sting and i was itching so bad i couldn't stand it.  went to the store and the anti itch/bite stuff was really expensive.  thought "what else itches?"  looked around and found the vagisil.  also looked at the mens itch stuff.  guys, you are paying way to much for your comfort!! 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 11:00:42 am »
missed some of this :-D

i found it after a sting and i was itching so bad i couldn't stand it.  went to the store and the anti itch/bite stuff was really expensive.  thought "what else itches?"  looked around and found the vagisil.  also looked at the mens itch stuff.  guys, you are paying way to much for your comfort!! 

maybe we just itch more. :-*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 11:37:15 am »
Heck, I scratch even when it doesn't itch :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 12:17:26 pm »
Heck, I scratch even when it doesn't itch :-D

Scott
That's not scratching.  :-D
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jredburn

• House Bee
    • Poorboybees
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »
BENADRYL CREAM after you are stung.  Take one of the pills before you get stung.
Regards
Joe

Offline Simon

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 05:37:52 am »
We used to get treated with a blue bag!  Probably most people will not even know what one of those is, but the ones we used to get here were were like a piece of pool cue chalk used to add to the washing to get your clothes nice and white.  I haven't looked in the supermarket lately to see if they still sell them or not.  As I remember the swelling never got too bad when a liberal coating of "blue" was applied, but maybe I don't react too badly to stings and/or the blue was a cunning ploy to pacify my screaming! :laugh:  ...it's a bit of a novelty to paint various body parts blue!  I must research this further to see what they put in those little blue packages that might help with stings.

The first time I was stung by a European Wasp, I thought that I was going to die, then I became afraid that I wasn't going to die ;), but seriously, that was not all that pleasant and the little darling had a pretty good go at me before I got her out of my jacket.  The recommended treatment was a few pain killers and half an onion applied to the affected area.  Maybe the onion does something, but it stil hurts :'(   The onion may also help with bee stings.  The second wasp sting I got, I was pretty quick to get rid of the wasp from my arm (benefit of experience) and the effects were relatively insignificant.

I must say that the Vagisil idea is brilliant, I'm going now to check the medicine cabinet and the cupboard under the bathroom cabinet for supplies.  Thanks for the hint.

Offline aridostlari.com

• New Bee
  • www.aridostlari.com
    • www.aridostlari.com
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 10:31:45 am »
need to pay attention..!! ;)
KAFKAS ANA ARI. ANADOLU YERLİSİ. --- DAMIZLIK ANA ARI NASIL ÜRETİLİR? -. İTALİEN ANA ANA arı satışımız Nisan ayında başlar,Ekim ayına kadar devam. Ana arı satışı için için önceden aldığmız listeye göre satışlarımızı yapmaktayız. Ana arı satışında Petek,petek ve arıcılık втором imalat ve satışı yapmaktadır. ...

Offline twin1

• New Bee
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 12:21:58 am »
MSA first aid kits had StingFo swabs.  Man they worked great. Now you can get sting swabs and sting sticks at most pharmacy's and "Wally world".  Calidryl(topical) and Benadryl(internal) are good too.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 09:58:36 am »
one or two table spoons oaraly

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2014, 08:36:46 pm »
I usually don't take nothing for a bee sting.
But last year I got in a hot hive and got stung about 100 times from the waist down.
Now I did take a Benadryl capsule then.
I use to carry a sting stick but I'd forget about having it at the time.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 10:16:40 am »
you guys have no guts!!!   :evil:

extra strength Vagisil. 

Where do real men put it?  :lau: :lau: :lau: :lau: :lau: :lau: :lau:

Offline SkipS

• New Bee
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 02:55:32 pm »
More stings untill you dont swell anymore

Took a sting in the eyelid last Sunday and didn't swell at all.  Back when I first started (in the early 90's) my eye would have swollen shut. 

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2014, 09:21:13 am »
orally taken three times an hour
now I have this bridge

Offline Brother Dave

• House Bee
    • West Island Wild Flower
Re:
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »
I have been told that an electric shock works to denature the bee venom has anyone tried that

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re:
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 05:44:48 pm »
I have been told that an electric shock works to denature the bee venom has anyone tried that
I don't know about the venom but it might denature you.  :-D
Especially since the sting leaves an opening in your skin. Your skin it your only protection from shock. If you prick your 2 pointer fingers and touch them to the 2 terminals of a AAA battery it can kill you very easily. It will at minimum heart your heart.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 12:52:42 pm »

don't say that cause they will go off too full body swollen then they will know.

I like Kathy's way haven't had to use it yet

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 06:40:09 pm »
The Zapper I have been told will break down most venom even snake bites

Offline Sweet!

• New Bee
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »
This actually worked for me.  My first sting swelled my hand up so bad the skin started to "weep" and I thought it'd split.  After purposely stinging myself every two to three days for about a month, the last time I got lit up (8 total stings, one in the lip) the swelling went down within 24 hours.  In the meantime, lots of benadryl.

Both sage advice. I premed with 25 of Benadryl before I go out to the hives. Works pretty well. I'd heard about the meat tenderizer, but haven't tried that. Baking soda paste, maybe.

I developed hives once...that was unpleasant.

Who needs pain meds?   ;)

And hello, all, btw. Nice to be here.

Offline Packrat3wires

• House Bee
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2015, 11:45:00 pm »
Benadryl and a few choice adjectives!!!
"evil prevails when good men fail to act"   Edmund Burke