Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Australia: Land Beyond Time  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
Australia: Land Beyond Time
« on: January 03, 2010, 05:01:43 pm »
Hulu - Australia: Land Beyond Time - Watch the full feature film now.

I find here lately I spend a lot time reading and watching videos on Australia.  It seems the more I read
and more I watch the more Questions I need answered .  :? Thanks to Geoff, Lone, Mick for their many
answers to so many questions.
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: Australia: Land Beyond Time
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:28:00 am »
OH that was so beautiful. Really enjoyed it.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:41:40 am »
"We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States"

So.

What are they saying about us?   At a guess, that we are 13 hours ahead and your clocks only have 12 hours.     :?

Lone

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 06:48:39 am »
That's the first Ive ever heard of this "We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States"
Maybe beemaster or one of the other Mods. can shed some light on this...........John
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 07:12:44 am »
     I think if you just Google the title Lone you will be able to play excerpts at least.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:25 am »
Let's see if I can write this in under 10 thousand word, I'll try :)

The whole EXISTENCE of FANCAST and HULU is due to the WRITERS STRIKE of a few years ago. TV Production companies and networks wanted to (and were) making use of the Internet by streaming content they owned onto the net where commercial sponsoeship was making them great money. The problem, the writers who had many hands in the creation of the content we NOT getting residuals for the content being aired over the net, they saw it would only get worse and worse as more and more content made it to the web, they even saw a day where content may exclusively be web based - so they went on strike, crippling hollywood for nearly 9 months, not counting the "catch-up time" needed to get show production back UP to speed.

You may remember hearing the words at the beginning of HULU type broadcasting "The following program is brought to you with limited commercial interruption by ____________" and that sponsor had complete control over that show for a fraction of what it would pay for a single commercial on TV, but they rolled the idea that a shows popularity would GREATLY show return, especially when only spoon-feeding us 30 second clips at a time, spaced during the show's normal breaks.

Then end result was that films, videos, documentaries, fictionals and even animations would pay a percentage of royalties to the writers when re-aired on the Internet. But this compromise ended at our own border (with few exceptions) content made for mass avalibility to the consumers would be restricted to the states, usuing IP address of foreign servers as a means of blocking the content - mainly because the writers agreement was with Hollywood, not all the Earth.

Content streams to the states easily, numbers of views are recorder, numbers of commercials aired are counted, total profit for viewing is tabulated and writers get their share - it was the MOST significant contractual event to ever hit Hollywood or the Internet, but US companies (as in the MAJOR TV NETWORKS) made no agreement with the writers concerning worldwide distribution and how the profit should be divvied up - thus, the answer was to block the content to places who could easily be identified as OUT-SIDE the US.

Thw writers trike was all about the Internet, that is the bottom-line, undiscovered country that the writers foresee the networks making billions and the writers getting nothing - the strike would have lasted well beyond today if the networks had caved in and allowed compensation to be dispersed with the writers.

Sadly, this leave most all countries incapable of seeing content that we take for granted. It isn't like Youtube or other such public domain and social networking sites where world-wide interaction CREATES the vault of content, it is quite opposite and shows which are written and distributed for profit, whether through TV, Movies or the Internet, all are now bound by rules post-writers strike.

Hope that makes sense.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:12:41 pm »
Hello Beemaster,

Maybe they have a similar agreement here, because you can see a lot of tv shows on the internet.

Lone