Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: TOPICAL ? ?  (Read 1459 times)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
TOPICAL ? ?
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:24:20 pm »

Once upon a time ...     

The  king called on the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather  forecast for the next few hours.  The royal weatherman assured him  that there was no chance of rain for at least 4  days.

So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen. On the way he met a farmer  on his donkey. Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace!  In just a short time  I expect a huge  amount of rain to fall in this area."

The  king was polite and considerate, he replied: "Thanks for your concern, but don't worry. It's not going to rain today. I hold the palace meteorologist  in high regard. He is an  extensively educated  and experienced  professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very  different forecast. I trust him."       

So the king continued on his way.  However, a short time later a  torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked  and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such  a shameful condition.

Furious,  the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional. Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious  and  high paying role of royal forecaster.

The  farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtained the information about rain today from my donkey. If I see my  donkey's ears drooping, it means  with certainty that it will rain  very soon."  So the king hired the donkey instead.

And  thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions.

The  practice is unbroken to this day...

Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: TOPICAL ? ?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 06:37:02 pm »
AMEN
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:58:50 pm »
Lol.  good one
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline herbhome

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 01:38:25 am »
 :cheesy: :cheesy:
Neill

Offline Rust Bucket

• Brood
    • Queen Bee Honey Farm
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 04:46:28 am »
 :wink:Now let me see......... "The donkey was the only one that knew the answer". Tell me again who is the dumbass. lol

anything