Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees got some sun  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Bees got some sun
« on: January 05, 2007, 10:58:22 am »
Well, yesterday was a day to behold.  It was cold, clear and beautiful blue skies, wind like nothing I've seen in a couple of months.  It was strong, strong, cold, cold.  Blew all the clouds away.  I thought I would take a look out to see what what going on the with bees.  Hmm..I don't know if it was good or bad.  The sun was on the 4 hives, a few bees going out, hanging around the front.  But it was not very warm because of the wind.  The sun must have warmed the hives somewhat, enough they felt they could venture out a little. I saw the bees that were flying around going back in, so I guess they made out OK enough and did not get too chilled. 

The sunny day was short lived.  Last night before bedtime I looked outside, I always check weather many times a day.  It was beautiful clear skies and the full moon shining.

Well, when I got up this morning, there is snow on the ground and it is still snowing.  Go figure.  That is how quickly our weather can change here closer to the mountains.  It probably is raining in our town 6 km away.

We have had rain now for over a month, no sunny days.  So that short lived day of sunshine was certainly a most welcome thing.  I see the days are already noticeably longer, by about 10 minutes (lol).  Oh the summer time comin' along.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
Re: Bees got some sun
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:28:56 pm »
I'll bet spring time is beautiful up there
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

anything