Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bending Metal corners for oil trap or top  (Read 1413 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Bending Metal corners for oil trap or top
« on: December 10, 2013, 06:52:07 am »
Looked around and wasn't impressed with what I found. I would like to see some instructions - with pictures, on how to fold metal without a machine. I'm specifically interested in the corner folds of an oil pan for a SHB oil trap. However, the turkey pan idea has a lot of merit.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Bending Metal corners for oil trap or top
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 12:48:03 am »
I found some serving trays the right size.  The metal ones that I made, I cut it out, bent the sides then the ends.  I had cut the ends where there was a tang that went over the sides.  Screwed the tangs and sealed.  Have got some of the stuff like the guy that put a storm door in the bottom of a boat, haven't tried it yet though.
I have quit using oil and gone to dish washing liquid and water.  Good luck

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 07:28:14 am »
Does the soap prevent the shb from climbing out?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Moots

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:16 am »
Does the soap prevent the shb from climbing out?

I'm pretty sure it kills them...Just like it'll kill your bees if they could get to it.

Offline JPBEEGETTER

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 03:29:25 pm »
Harbor Freight has a small metal brake  I bought one several years ago (36") to make the tele tops and works very well. you could bend all 4 sides then fold the corners and pop rivet  them close to the top and get no leaks. Use flashing or a little heaver gauge alumn. as long as it does not break when forming the break.  I bought metal baking pans from Dollar Tree Nothing over 1.00 then cut the slots in the screened bottom boards to fit the slide ins. Making sure they don't have any room for bees to get in around them. JPP .

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 06:36:41 pm »
Yeap, the soapy water will kill insects that get in it, just like the oil.

Joe

anything