BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

smokers

(1/7) > >>

crispy:
Hi all well i m looking at getting a smoker soon so i will ask the AUSSIES what type they are using and before anyone says it yes i know the best type is one that produces smoke ,seriously though there re so many on the market ranging from chinese cheepies to down right expensive ones the ones i have looked at are the beeko regular ,manlake with the plastic bellows and a few others .Personally i dont think the chinese ones would be much cop so i dont want to throw money away ,also one i was shown had a stumpy type nozzel on it does this make much difference to the pointy ones .
I have a good supply of smoker fuel (pine needles ) and have no difficulty in getting them does anyone use this manufactured fuel and if so what are the pros and cons thanks . 

Michael Bush:
Get the tallest one you can.  They stay lit better.  Stainless steel will last longer.

wet bee:
Chinese smoker;
Doe's the job well with a small leather bellows. Has a one way valve which could invite backdraft and ultimately bushfires. The fire grill is loose and falls out when cleaning.
$30.00

Beeko smoker:
More direct funnel with a large synthetic(?) bellows. Has two valves {one in and one out = safer} Fire grill fixed and a pleasure to use.
$100.00

crispy:
Hi all well the manlake smoker the local guy has in stock is the larger one and i think it is about 75 dollars which is comparible to the large beeco .My local guy does stock both so when he open gain on the 15 i may have to take a tip down there and make a decision thanks fo your comments and advice .

wet bee:
Act locally not globally.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version