BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > STICKIED POSTS

Howto: Administer an Epinephrine Shot

<< < (2/15) > >>

qa33010:

--- Quote from: thomashton on August 26, 2008, 06:44:25 pm ---Good info.

Anyone who's been in the military and gone through chemical warfare training should know this too. The difference is that we are trained to self administer and to give as many as three doses.

--- End quote ---

It's nice to know that some knowledge is still good though.

Nelly:
Great info!  I was reading through the info that comes with an Epi Pen and they specifically state that you DO NOT STAB the needle into the muscle, it can go too deep and actually enter the bone.  I've administered other shots to myself for medical reasons and it's similar to pushing the shot into an orange with a tough skin.   Since I my kids participate in beekeeping, I carry an Epi Pen with me.

Nelly

1of6:
What is required to get an epipen?  No one in my family is allergic, but I'd feel better having one around in case someone in the neighborhood does have an allergic reaction.

annette:
You have to get a prescription from the dr and it costs some money. I had to pay 35.00 for a package of two and they are only good for one year and then they expire.

Romahawk:

--- Quote from: 1of6 on September 03, 2008, 04:27:13 pm ---What is required to get an epipen?  No one in my family is allergic, but I'd feel better having one around in case someone in the neighborhood does have an allergic reaction.

--- End quote ---

You might want to check and see what the liability might be if you administered a shot to someone other than yourself. That might come under the heading of practicing medicine without a license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version