MEMBER BULLETIN BOARD > PHOTO PAGE - MEMBER PHOTOS & BEE-MOVIES HERE!

The plants they love

<< < (2/5) > >>

Anonymous:
Here is one on Purple Lobelia. They chew a small hole near the base of the trumpet shaped flower and suck the nectar out.

A Pink one.

Our new bee garden. Has grown even bigger this week.

:D Al

Beth Kirkley:
Al-
Those pictures are absolutely fantastic. Thank you. :)

Beth

Anonymous:
Thanks Beth. Planing on doing some more bee plant pictures today. They are going goo goo over a blue Spiera we have in the front door garden. I like them (the blue mist ones) so when we were shopping for one We were told by a nurseryman with some scrouples that the Blue Mist (common name) was border line hardy here. We bought a slightly different variety based on the bee count last summer of the three varietys he carryed.
 :D

Anonymous:
Well the Autum Joy Sedum is in bloom now and the bees are just going crazy over it. While the sun is on it there will be so many bees it is hard to see the blooms. We have bought more plants and put them in the new bee garden.

Anonymous:
I have always liked the Blue Mist Spirea, we bought one last year(2003) early in the summer. Then latter in the summer while at a garden center I was watching the bees work them. There were 3 types, Blue mist, with a few bees, one wiith a number rather than a name which had a few bees also, then there was Dark Knight just loaded with bees. I would have said 5 to 1 difference.
We bought one of them then and another one just a few days ago for the new bee garden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version