Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room  (Read 46225 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
Re: Welcome to the 2nd Amendment Room
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2015, 01:03:03 am »
Any of you ever been in a cop bar?  Safest place I've ever been.  Everybody's armed.  Everybody's cool with everybody being armed.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2015, 01:43:14 pm »
Ever been in a restaurant in Wyoming?  Everyone's armed.  Everyone's cool with everyone being armed.  The sign at the bank says "please check your guns with the guard and remove your ski mask before entering.  Most bars there is a fist fight every friday night.  Everyone has a gun.  No one gets shot.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2015, 08:39:31 pm »
I got to where recently I started conceal carry'n at church. Just started getting a "sitting duck" feeling so I thought I'd keep our bunch a little more safe.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline MikeF

• New Bee
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2016, 01:47:12 pm »
Bees and 2A in one forum! I love this place! 

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2016, 07:33:03 pm »
I was in Alaska a few months ago and the restaurant where we ate had a sign saying people with guns were welcome and asking them not to pull them out unless there was a really good reason.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2016, 12:30:07 pm »
Now that  is a real American restaurant.  :grin:
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Steves Bees

• New Bee
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2017, 07:04:22 am »
States and the Feds. have been usurping the Constitution for many years. NJ's restrictions on being able to legally obtain a constitutional right is just another form of our governments heave handed powers over those who they swore to protect.  Now with that said, I must add that I can not understand why a civilian needs a functioning auto-weapon for hunting or target practice.

It's not needed for hunting or target practice. It is needed for taking our Country back from an out of control tyranny such as we have now, and have had for the last few decades, that is only getting worse with each passing day. Are we supposed to do that with flintlocks? The men who wrote the Constitution just fought a war against the world's superpower at the time to free themselves from it's tyranny. Do you really think they were thinking about "hunting and target practice" when they wrote the second amendment?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2017, 07:17:34 am »
They also had a few cannons hidden away to fight with. Since we didn't have any Willy mammoth to hunt, they didn't keep them for hunting. Cannons were the most advanced weapon at the time.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2017, 12:29:11 pm »
Bees and 2A in one forum! I love this place!

Lol.  This keeps us from arguing non-bee stuff in the beekeeping forum.  Beemaster was wise.  Other sites did not do the same and are full of non-beekeeping crap.  Those of us who can't keep our mouths shut on social issues are saved from being booted by having forums to vent and the people who don't want to participate are saved from us  :wink:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2017, 03:33:33 pm »
The local bar in Nehawka now has a sign that says "Legal concealed carry welcome" inside a green circle.

It looks pretty much like this:
https://www.mysecuritysign.com/guns-are-welcome-on-premises-sign/sku-s-6119?engine=googlebase&keyword=&skuid=S-6119-EU-05&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhfPpvozx1wIVBMRkCh3DoQquEAQYASABEgJEufD_BwE
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2017, 10:04:56 am »
I may just have to get one of them for my place.
 :cheesy:
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline siskosdad

• New Bee
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2018, 11:14:12 pm »
I know that I am coming to this thread a bit late in the game but this is a topic in which I have a great interest.  I own a few guns and enjoy shooting them.  I have a concealed carry permit and, in general, carry daily.

I suspect that I will never have to use my EDC pistol (a Sig-Sauer P-238) to defend myself as I try to avoid those places where the use of a gun is likely.  I have a 20 gauge in my bedroom in the event that someone decides that my house is their house.  Again, I suspect that I will never have to use it but I want it in place just in case.

I get it that some persons should not own guns; the mentally unstable, person who have committed crimes, and juveniles, for example.  I have no problem whatever with the idea of background checks for anyone wanting to purchase a gun but with the caveat that the background check cannot take more than 90 days.

I know that guns can be used to kill people but so can many other things.  The method of killing is not the question; a person's morality is.    Persons who want to use a gun to kill others will find a way to get one.  Absent a gun, a person who is intent on taking a life will find some means of doing that whether it be by knife, baseball bat,  car, or cast iron frying pan.  The taking of a life by any means, other than in response to an act of war, is reprehensible and should be met with swift, concise justice.

All that said, I have to come down on the side of "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".  I enjoy the shooting sports and the ability to keep and bear arms.  I carry where it is legal to do so and don't where it is not.    My thought is that, if you want a gun, have one; if you don't want a gun, don't.  Just be sure to not foist your beliefs on others.
Each day, we get another trip around the circle.
Let's make this one better than the last.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2018, 12:23:47 pm »
I know that I am coming to this thread a bit late in the game but this is a topic in which I have a great interest.

never too late.

yesterday I was reading an article that claimed the new Congress had gun control high on its list of things to do.  This is something we all need to keep an eye on.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2018, 02:47:06 pm »
Fortunately, the Nancy Pelosi side of Congress won't be able to push its antigun agenda through without the Senate and Trump going along.  Gridlock may not be too bad.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2018, 07:31:14 pm »
I agree Dallas.
Jim
Ben Franklin