Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi everyone...  (Read 1968 times)

Offline zaanta

• Brood
Hi everyone...
« on: November 27, 2009, 11:20:14 am »
Hi, my first post! Just found this forum today. I'm planning to start next Spring/Summer & so I thought I'd better start researching now!
I'll be asking a lot of real "newbee" questions through this winter....please bear with me.
I already have a question: I live in Germany (although I'm English) & would love to hear about any bee suppliers in the north of Germany - hard to find!
Looking forward to any advice/recommendations that come my way..........
david
Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. When you look back you will see how small it really was.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hi everyone...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 11:44:30 am »
welcome!  seems we had another member from germany.  i know we have some from the UK and france.

glad you found us.

if you will put your location in your profile, it will help with answering questions.  many answer depend on where you are.

you'll find lots of info on equipment, etc.  there are others here getting ready to start in spring.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Michael Judd

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 02:07:46 pm »
Hi David,
I am English and live in France.
I am sorry I can't help you with Germany but i think it may be similar.
I found a coop Agricole who have all the hardware.

Good luck
oh ! Btw I am new I started this time last year with getting my hives and in May I got my Queens.
Try this site it looks fairly European it may help

http://www.beekeeping.com/

Michael

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:37:05 pm »
Hello and Welcome David

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline USC Beeman in TN

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 11:00:05 pm »
Welcome!  Lived in Germany in the late 50's and late 60's.
De Colores,
Ken

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:20 am »
David, welcome to our forum, it is wonderful to have people from other parts of the world, have that wonderful day, health, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service