Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Is it true? Can you always find gold on the Fraser River?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 08:08:45 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Is it true? Can you always find gold on the Fraser River?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:02:09 am »
That's pretty much how the California gold rush in 1849 was.  There was gold everywhere, you just had to sluice it.  You could make somewhere between $100 and $200 a day depending on how rich the spot was.  Most of the work was digging ditches to get the water to the claim and the rest was sluicing the dirt.  So where is the Fraser river?  Is this the one in BC?
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 07:13:50 am »
According to the The Canadian Encyclopedia
"The Fraser River is the longest river in British Columbia, stretching 1,375 km. It begins on the western side of the Rocky Mountains at Mount Robson Provincial Park, and ends in the Strait of Georgia at Vancouver."

Must be fun! I thought of Les when I ran across this video...

As a side note, I once worked with a fellow whose Great Great Uncle, went to the gold rush in Alaska. He was never heard from again....
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bees-in-the-boo

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 03:15:03 pm »
I have played around the Fraser from Hope to it?s headwaters as well as many of its tributaries and it?s a unusual day that you don?t get some flakes in your pan..  Fraser River ?surface? gold found without digging pay from under large rocks is 99% tiny flat flakes and this makes it much more difficult to recover as it easily gets flushed away..
I have pulled quite a few tiny nuggets (sand sized grains really) from dry washes along the Fraser in the Cariboo region.. much easier but lots of atrial and error searching for a productive wash.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 03:36:54 pm »
Bees-in-the-boo Welcome to Beemaster!

Phillip

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2023, 06:30:07 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster, Bees-in-the-boo!  :happy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2023, 06:32:09 pm »
I used to belong to a FB gold panning group.  They said you could find gold in just about any river if you worked at it and knew what you were looking for.
One of the guys panned the Willamette river and got small stuff.

I have worked the river on our Baker Co property a little bit and haven't gotten anything, but I haven't put in the time yet.  Should be able to find stuff in that area as it was a gold mining area back in the day.  There are still some mines around but I don't know if they are worked much.  The claims are still held for gold and more for copper.

So yeah, according to those guys, you should be able to find gold in the Fraser or just about any river if you work at it!   :grin:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2023, 08:17:23 pm »
Bees-in-the-boo,
Welcome to Beemaster!
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2023, 08:46:08 pm »
Kathy if you decide to do some serious 'looking', fill us in please sounds fun and interesting....  :grin:

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2023, 11:57:05 pm »
Kathy if you decide to do some serious 'looking', fill us in please sounds fun and interesting

I plan to go this summer and see what I can find, but I also have to go to N. CA and that's a much easier place to pan.  I have a sluice and stuff, but just have not had the time in years to do it seriously.  With the price of gold it is probably worth a bit of time.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline ChristyCem

• New Bee
-
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2023, 02:07:03 pm »
germinate in march. put em under a florescent and have em ready to go outside in april. if you dont want monsters i dont know how much property you have your gonna have to flower em by blacking out with a tarp. you can get 2 or 3 harvests easy this way.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 02:59:12 pm by The15thMember »
Massage in Luxembourg City

anything