MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > WEB VIDEOS

Messerschmitt Me 262 / engine start / original sound

(1/3) > >>

Ben Framed:

The advanced technology that was of Germany is mind boggling. Had they waited a few extra years to perfect this technology___________________  I dare not fill in the blank. 

https://youtu.be/7S88FsFE5EE

The15thMember:
Wow. . . .  Are those jet turbines??!!  That's insane.  And terrifying. 

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on May 13, 2021, 12:20:23 am ---Wow. . . .  Are those jet turbines??!!  That's insane.  And terrifying.

--- End quote ---

Yes, they are jet turbines Member. These people were brilliant in technology. Far advanced in many areas. To bad all that brilliance was not used for good. Sad isn't it.

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on May 13, 2021, 12:39:58 am ---Yes, they are jet turbines Member. These people were brilliant in technology. Far advanced in many areas. To bad all that brilliance was not used for good. Sad isn't it.

--- End quote ---
It reminds me of Wernher von Braun and Nazi rocketry program, terrifying to think what could have happened if the Germans had been able to develop ICBMs.   But von Braun surrendered to the Americans when the war ended, came to America and became a US citizen, and helped to start NASA and the US space program.                       

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on May 13, 2021, 10:42:36 am ---
--- Quote from: Ben Framed on May 13, 2021, 12:39:58 am ---Yes, they are jet turbines Member. These people were brilliant in technology. Far advanced in many areas. To bad all that brilliance was not used for good. Sad isn't it.

--- End quote ---
It reminds me of Wernher von Braun and Nazi rocketry program, terrifying to think what could have happened if the Germans had been able to develop ICBMs.   But von Braun surrendered to the Americans when the war ended, came to America and became a US citizen, and helped to start NASA and the US space program.                       

--- End quote ---

Yes all true, a very brilliant man. Germany had several genius minded scientist which lead to way in technology. Isn't is amazing that a people so oppressed coming out of WWI rose so quickly to power? We, as a nation, should learn from this history. There are other fascist minded countries rising from oppression even as we speak, which also have brilliant minded scientist. China for one example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version