BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM.

Shopping Around for a Venilated Suit

(1/6) > >>

The15thMember:
I'm looking to get a ventilated suit for my birthday.  I've been doing a little bit of shopping around already, but I wanted to get your opinions on what's a good one for the price.  Everyone always recommends Ultra Breeze, but they are quite pricey.  What makes them better than another brand?  What kinds of things should I look for in a ventilated suit, and what should I avoid?       

Ben Framed:
Hi Member, when I first started I bought a complete suit (cotton). Just too hot.  I used it once and sidelined it. I went for the Mann lake ventilated bee jacket and love it though I rarely use that either. A veil at the most and some days not that. lol.
So if you get the completed suit route, be sure and go ventilated is my recommendation.   

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on May 05, 2021, 11:46:06 am ---Hi Member, when I first started I bought a complete suit (cotton). Just too hot.  I used it once and sidelined it. I went for the Mann lake ventilated bee jacket and love it though I rarely use that either. A veil at the most and some days not that. lol.
So if you get the completed suit route, be sure and go ventilated is my recommendation.   

--- End quote ---
I have a cotton suit already, well actually it's not a bee suit, it's just a pair of normal cotton coveralls.  I've been happy with them, but I've gotten to where I have too many hives to just work in the morning, and I need something cooler.  I am pretty set on a full suit, I just feel more comfortable fully covered, plus I can wear just short gym shorts and an exercise bra under it, and be cooler than if I wear a jacket and jeans. 

I see that Ultra Breeze has a lifetime guarantee thing where if the suit tears you can send it in for repairs.  Is that something a ventilated suit is more at risk for than a solid suit?  Has anyone found that service worth the extra price of their suits?       

Ben Framed:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on May 05, 2021, 12:32:21 pm ---
I have a cotton suit already, well actually it's not a bee suit, it's just a pair of normal cotton coveralls.  I've been happy with them, but I've gotten to where I have too many hives to just work in the morning, and I need something cooler.  I am pretty set on a full suit, I just feel more comfortable fully covered, plus I can wear just short gym shorts and an exercise bra under it, and be cooler than if I wear a jacket and jeans. 

I see that Ultra Breeze has a lifetime guarantee thing where if the suit tears you can send it in for repairs.  Is that something a ventilated suit is more at risk for than a solid suit?  Has anyone found that service worth the extra price of their suits?     

--- End quote ---

Member I am rough on my equipment. I have had no problem with rips or tares. I bought the cheapest ventilated jacket that Mann Lake offered at the time. It doesn't even have a fancy emblem on the front pocket! lol.   Last time I checked, they offered the complete suit in the same design. Sometimes when its really hot and the bees may be having a semi-testy day, I will use my jacket as you, no shirt. Works so much better for ventilation for sure. I am not trying to suggest you get the same suit as my jacket design, I am telling you I am very happy with it.

Brian MCquilkin:
I'm using  Ultra Breeze suites I have a sull suit and a Jacket half suit. Glad I made the decision to go,  even though it has a premium price. The suits are tough as nails and have lasted a loge time. The only problem I had was with a zipper giving out, but that was my fault as I did not lubricate it. I called  Ultra Breeze to see if I could get a replacement zipper and they sent me a full set of zippers at no charge. Have never been stung through the Ultra Breeze, 90% of the time ill use the jacket over the full suit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version