MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

Virginia Is For Lovers

<< < (6/6)

CoolBees:
1st - Thank you for posting this Kathy. I enjoyed reading it.

Next (for fun) - the author makes a glaring singular error throughout the entire piece. He makes the grand assumption that the United States is a Democracy (and as such, he begins to complain about how bad a democracy it is). We are not. We never were. I certainly hope we never become one.

"A Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb voting on what's for dinner" Benjamin Franklin  - i.e. Mob Rule.

Here are a few [of the many] examples:

1 - unamendable amendments are fundamentally incompatible with democracy - true, I thank God we don't live in a Democracy!

2 - There are two fundamental tenets to a just democracy: (1) majority rule, and (2) protection of minority rights. - yes to the 1st, No to the 2nd. Nice try.

3 - The current system of representation allows for a minority population to impose its will on a majority in a way that is deeply undemocratic - Uhhh ... Duh!?!?... this is where I started howling with laughter - "Amen brother, Preach IT!" [Me]  :cheesy: I love this undemocratic Country [full of deplorables]!

And I could go on ...

Note to self: Phone author to advise "the United States is a Constitutional Republic!" Praise the Lord, Hallelujah, and Pass the Cake!  :grin:

Anyways, that was a fun and educational read. Hopefully nothing like this is ever achieved in this country.

Final question - Why do the Dems try soooo hard to change this country into [name the dirty hole-in-the-ground - Venezuela comes to mind at present]? ... It would cause them far less effort if they just left here and moved there ... ah, the unanswerable questions in the cosmos. ...

Cheers!

Dallasbeek:

--- Quote from: kathyp on January 21, 2020, 02:15:09 pm ---IKD why there are lines though some of it but I didn't try to fix it because it is readable.

--- End quote ---

Lines through words show what words were omitted in amendment of language in a document, usually amendment of a statute.

Dallasbeek:
Cool,  good post.

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---Next (for fun) - the author makes a glaring singular error throughout the entire piece. He makes the grand assumption that the United States is a Democracy (and as such, he begins to complain about how bad a democracy it is). We are not. We never were. I certainly hope we never become one.
--- End quote ---

That was the most troubling thing for me.  Democracy is always the argument of dictators.  If the writer doesn't understand that this is exactly what our constitution was designed to avoid,  you have to question the intellect/education of the writer.  OR the writer knows exactly what they are saying and assumes the rest of the population is too stupid to get it. 

Either way, it is a disturbing piece and more so because so many will think the ideas are great.

Kathyp:

--- Quote ---ines through words show what words were omitted in amendment of language in a document,
--- End quote ---

Figured it was editing, but it didn't show up until I pasted it.  No big deal. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version