MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE 2ND AMENDMENT

The 15 ?

(1/5) > >>

Ben Framed:
This fellow gives some reasons why the 15 is so popular for hunting, shooting , and self defense. He is from California. I know very little about these and can honestly say that I have never shot one.  This video says that the 15 will shoot a 223 remington along with the 556 mm nato round. But as incognito  pointed out below, that is not the case unless stamped on the barrel. So I have edited to add incognitos  warning. Thanks Tom

(WARNING: CHECK THE BARREL MARKINGS! A 556 can use 223 also but not the other way around.
I felt compelled to clarify that.)  Per incognito

https://youtu.be/ddn_-ViPW9o

incognito:

--- Quote from: Ben Framed on December 01, 2019, 09:20:51 pm ---I also did not know that this type will shoot a 223 remington along with the 556 mm nato round.

--- End quote ---

WARNING: CHECK THE BARREL MARKINGS! A 556 can use 223 also but not the other way around.
I felt compelled to clarify that.

Ben Framed:
Yes you are correct. This fellow explains the difference. I am glad you caught this Tom.

https://youtu.be/VCS4fXFmCyA

jalentour:
I can honestly say, I have never heard an AR-15 referred to as "The 15".
I disagree that the AR-15 is a home defense weapon.  The round will go thru the bad guy, your wall, and your neighbors wall.
The AR-15 was designed to maim first kill later. 

incognito:
There are arguably better defensive weapons for inside the home.
It is better suited for guarding the perimeter or deterring guys coming up the driveway.

The Federal government once considered them for personal defense.
But note how they avoid the sensationalized media description.

https://beta.sam.gov/opp/09f78d7e84c745853607ecc571c0003c/view
Notice ID  H92222-17-RFI-DW 
Department/Ind. Agency  DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 
Sub-tier  US SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND (USSOCOM)
Office USSOCOM REGIONAL CONTRACTING OFFICE

Description Personal Defense Weapon System

Sources Sought The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) is seeking to identify potential sources within the national technology and industrial base with the ability to provide a conversion kit for the M4A1 to create a Personal Defense Weapon (PDW) system:-Complete Kit to include upper receiver and butt stock kit
-Any tools required to complete an operational conversion
-A light and sound reducing suppressor that can be attached to the system when needed
PDW Kit specifics: The kit must be adaptable to the standard M4A1 lower receiver, any modification to the lower receiver must be reversible and nonpermanent. The kit must be in .300 Blackout (BLK) cartridge, total system weight, including the M4A1 lower in not to exceed 5.5lbs. Length with stock extended not to extend 26" length with stock collapsed or folded shall be 17" (T), 15" (O) and a height not to exceed 7.5". Weapon shall be fully functional when collapsed or folded. Kit should include a 5.56mm barrel that can be changed from .300 BLK to 5.56mm in less than 3 minutes. Accuracy shall be 3.0 MOA (T), 2.0 MOA (O) @100 yds. and 5.0 MOA (T), 3.0 MOA (O) @ 300 yds. both in .300 BLK supersonic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version