BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > EQUIPMENT USAGE, EXPERIMENTATION, HIVE PLANS, CONSTRUCTION TIPS AND TOOLS

Coates 5-Frame Nuc

<< < (2/19) > >>

D Coates:
I've not had it happen excessively.  They'll propolize up the end like they do in a regular hive body.  I've noticed no more, no less.

Pink Cow:

--- Quote from: D Coates on March 18, 2010, 03:52:31 pm ---Let me know if you have any questions or problems making yours.
--- End quote ---

Don't think I'll have any trouble making them since you covered it so well, but I do have a question. You don't happen to have a layout for cutting the 4x8 sheet do you? I'm only asking because I don't have a vehicle in which I can transport an entire sheet, but if I was able to have the store cut it in half in either direction I'd be fine. Could I do that without losing wood I'd need for the fourth nuc? Thanks.

KD4MOJ:
Thanks Coates... I'm gonna have to give this a try!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

D Coates:

--- Quote from: Pink Cow on March 18, 2010, 07:58:48 pm ---Don't think I'll have any trouble making them since you covered it so well, but I do have a question. You don't happen to have a layout for cutting the 4x8 sheet do you? I'm only asking because I don't have a vehicle in which I can transport an entire sheet, but if I was able to have the store cut it in half in either direction I'd be fine. Could I do that without losing wood I'd need for the fourth nuc? Thanks.

--- End quote ---

No problem, a 4x8 won't fit in my Expedition so I have it cut in half at Home Depot.  They do it for free!  Two 4x4 sheets of plywood are easy to handle, especially on a table saw.  I focus first on the sides, (top to bottom) they eat a whole bunch of material.  Next move to the tops then bottoms.  Then get the fronts and backs with the end caps and scraps after that.  I try to set the table saw a specific cut that I do repeatedly before changing the setting.  This ensures excellent consistency of the parts.

schawee:
NICE, WILL MAKE SOME THIS WEEK.  THANKS

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version