Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My goodness, the Itch is UNBELIEVABLE! AGAIN!  (Read 5776 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: My goodness, the Itch is UNBELIEVABLE! AGAIN!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 11:26:54 am »
OK. so you want Vagasil without the embarrased walk to the counter?, save yourself that walk and go down the teeth-product isle instead and buy ORIJEL GEL (not liquid) and apply THAT to the area. Same 20% itch relief as mentioned above, and it is something I keep in my kit of bee tools for immediate relief of stings and post itching (which is rare - although I do swell some which I find more uncomfortable than itching honestly) but any sting in a jointed area, fingers, elbows around the eyes where blinking occurs, etc., will take longer to heal, you are rarely just letting those areas rest, they are moving and rubbing against other areas, always working the itch.

Not to forget the store brand of Orijel maximum strength is a lot cheaper than Vagasils (at least it is here) and you CAN add a squirt to honey to really spread it around, but don't go stingy with the Orijel, apply enough to do the trick, it will apply and absorb quicky when used by itself and stay topical if mixed with honey.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 12:07:01 pm »
Way to go handymandave.... :drowning:

You got grown men discussing the finer points of shopping in the women's personal hygiene section of the market. Calling all metrosexual men.....come here....Dave has an itching problem. Golly gee fellas, what will Dave do! This is just absolutely upsetting.  :lau:

Instead of a scene from Monty Python, with lines such as "It's a mere flesh wound you coward! Come back here! I'll bite your head off!" we now have men replaying scenes of Mel Gibson (ain't he grand!) running around the bathroom doing wax treatments and wearing pantyhose as in the movie "What women want".

If I knew where you were Dave, I'd drive over there and smack you up side the head. But do yourself a favor, and help all men everywhere. Get your hammer you have in that van of yours. Put your thumb down on a table. And then smack the crap out of it. You'll see how fast you will forget about some itching.

Last time I had an itch, the doctor handed me the Q-tip and I plunged it up and procured the sample myself.  :shock:

Hey Dave... ;) You have a nice day!  :-D

www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Koala John

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 08:07:12 am »
Tandemrx, thanks very much for sharing your professional advice with us all, whilst I enjoy reading everyone else's personal experience, I believe you've given the definitive answer on the subject. Luckily I've had no need to resort to any kind of treatment for stings yet, but if I do, I feel better prepared now.

Offline Titus

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:24 am »
This weekend I forgot to close the discharge chute on the mower when I made a pass by the hives.  They chased me doewn for it and I almost ran into a tree trying to swat them off me.  They only got me in the head under the hair.  Now the itch is on...