Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Levi Strauss  (Read 3103 times)

Offline MikeCinWV

• New Bee
Levi Strauss
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:08:22 pm »
I have only worn levi strauss jeans my entire life, I am 46.  I literally wear them every day, nothing else.  Told my wife I wanted to go looking for new jeans tomorrow and she about fell over (I haven't been clothes shopping in decades I just have her get me the same jeans and plain black, brown or grey t shirts I am a hillbilly afterall).  I will never again buy anything levi or for that matter nike.  Don't these companies realize that the point of Ben in business is to make money?  How can you do that when you alienate a large portion of your customer base or worse yet attack the Constitution ?  It's been said time and time again but worth repeating, guns are not the problem.   They have always been here.  This fairly new phenomenon of mass shootings and school shootings is a cultural/lack of two parent household problem. 

32000 die annually in car accidents,  2000 of them children yet no one is wanting to ban cars.  Why?  Because a car is just a tool, the fault is most often the operator.   We try to correct behaviors that lead to crashes such as distracted driving and drinking and driving.   Why not correct the behaviors and circumstances that lead to out of control/no respect for anything youth?    I'm worried where this trend is going to lead.  At some point the silent majority will have had enough, hopefully everyone comes to their senses before it gets to that.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Levi Strauss
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 07:06:18 pm »
AMEN, although I have always worn Wrangler jeans, I will just have to continue to do so and not wear Levi in the future, same as in the past.

You have been watching the silent majority rise for the last two years. That's why all the uproar in hollywood and DC.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 10:50:27 am »
Levi Strauss has been anti-2A for decades.  Last time I checked they don't do this anymore, but they used to proclaim loudly on the home page of their website that they supported anti-gun efforts and proudly donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to groups against personal gun ownership.

I have not bought, nor accepted as a gift, any Levi's product in at least 20 years.  I never will again!
I wear Wranglers, not only for their proud support of 2A, but also for what I consider to be a better fitting product at a lower price.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline jalentour

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:00:31 am »
I quit Levi's when they dropped the Boy Scouts.  I liked the product , but, I don't like how they pushed the BS around with their financial intimidation.  They are a left coast company, like Nike.  They have  been social activists as long as I can remember.  Their brand is so big now they market internationally, where, sometimes, it is better to be anti-American.  I believe the choices of both companies (marketing and social justice issues) are well thought out for the making of profit.  They place a higher ROI to lean left than lean right or even stand neutral. 
So be it for both companies, I believe it is their prerogative.  I'll vote with my wallet, they have indicated that they don't care.