Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: And so it begins......  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: And so it begins......
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 04:49:00 pm »
Heller vs DC gave the states a lot of latitude on gun regulation.  That made the anti-gun people happy.  The more important part of that ruling was that it gave a lengthy explanation of what the 2nd was and was not. It was not about only having an armed militia.

The thing that makes no sense in these regulations is the magazine capacity.  I think it comes because people have never stood on a range and swapped a magazine.  It really doesn't matter if the mag takes 10 rounds or 20.  It takes 2 seconds to drop one and load another.  Unless (and even if) someone is counting rounds, this is not enough time to do anything.  Most people are not aware enough in an emergency to count shots and formulate a plan even if they are close enough to execute a plan between reloads.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 05:42:13 pm »
Purchasing age?  That will make a big difference. :rolleyes:
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 05:52:04 pm »
Purchasing age?  That will make a big difference.

Yeah, the kid who shot his girlfriend or ex or whatever she was, was too young to buy a handgun, but that's what he used.

You can drive at 16; go to war, sign a contract, and get the death penalty at 18, but you can't drink, buy tobacco, or buy a handgun until 21.  I know a lot of people who drink and smoke at young ages, so....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 09:51:28 pm »
Hey, elected officials get paid to write words that the voters want to hear.  It doesn't have to make sense.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Spur9

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 12:31:23 pm »
Hey, elected officials get paid to write words that the voters want to hear.  It doesn't have to make sense.

/\ This
7a - 1650ft

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 04:11:34 pm »
I got married at 18.  I had a .22 rifle at the time and couldn't buy ammo for it because .22 LR was considered pistol ammo (they make .22 pistols...).  At 20 I had a wife and two kids and still couldn't buy ammo for my rifle...  I didn't (and don't) drink but I could buy alcohol at that time at 18.  And of course, join the military and vote.  Of course I still GOT ammo for my rifle, and there was no law against people giving it to me, I just couldn't buy it myself.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 11:29:11 pm »
Sure different in NC. I could buy .22 shells when I was 10. They cost 2 or a penny, or 25 cent for a box of 50, but I never had a quarter. I got 3 for each squirrel I killed, and a 410 shell for each rabbit, from my dad. I had to buy any others myself.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline yes2matt

• Field Bee
  • Urban setting, no acaricides
    • Love Me Some Honey
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 11:50:16 am »
Sure different in NC. I could buy .22 shells when I was 10. They cost 2 or a penny, or 25 cent for a box of 50, but I never had a quarter. I got 3 for each squirrel I killed, and a 410 shell for each rabbit, from my dad. I had to buy any others myself.
Your dad was shrewd. One-shot-one-kill, and taking rabbits with a 22 is good economics for you and him.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

anything