BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Liability

<< < (3/3)

IndianaBrown:

--- Quote ---Don't expect the homeowner to read this, no offense, but it is way too lengthly.
--- End quote ---

The homeowner did read it.  He thanked me for the handout page.  (He is facinated by the process and has been very helpful.) 

At a little over half a page the disclaimer page is really very short for a 'legal' document.  You should see the 10 plus page monster a contractor had be sign before he would replace my roof.

JP:
Indiana, I would think that would be the exception and not the rule. I don't always use a disclaimer but I do when dealing with certain types that question everything, not that questioning is bad. There are those types that want to know exactly what the size of the cutouts gonna be, how much mess, etc... and anyone whose done a bunch of cutouts know things aren't always carved in stone. People often underestimate how long the bees have been there, and a lot of times will tell you after the fact that they've done this or had them there before, etc...

wayne:
  I make my living doing animal removal which includes Bee removal. We have had many many jobs where the people were happy and there was never a hint of trouble.
  And we have had nightmare jobs where after all was said and done the folks seemed happy. But we hear from a lawyer or some other outfit later with a long list of "damages" they want us to pay for.
  We've had the State investigate our methods and work, and I don't know how many visits from police and game officers.
  Get a good contract and use it. It's well worth the trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version