BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Picture of cutout done today 7-7-07

(1/2) > >>

pondman:
Here is one pic of the cutout that I did this morning. I had a few more to share but deleted them by mistake. I got 7 pounds of bees out of this cutout with lots of honey an brood. Had some kids watching me as Idid this. I think they had just has much fun as I did doing it. My be some new beekeeper in a couple of years. Have two more cutouts to do next weekend. One in a old barn an a old house.

Have a great day
Pondman
James

asprince:
Do you use a bee vac?

pondman:
Yes I did use a bee vac for this one. But there have been times that I have not due to not having Electricity at the place of the cutout. I find that using a bee vac saves me alot of time. 

Robo:
Looked like a fairly easy one depending on the height from the ground.  I always like the ones with comb parallel to the opening.  From the looks of the dark comb in the back they where there for a while.  Where you able to spot the queen?

Thanks for sharing....

pondman:
Robo

This was a easy one. Stood on the ground the hole time other then to take the last board off an cut the comb at the very top. I did not see the queen I looked before I vac them. But she is like finding a needle in a hay stack. I have found her before on other cutout that I have done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version