Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No Time  (Read 2389 times)

Offline Banjeezie

• New Bee
No Time
« on: May 05, 2016, 01:35:23 pm »
Newbie here. I tried to do my first cut out and only had time to remove some of the bees and some of the comb.  I have had that group of bees at my house for a week today and can finally return to collect the rest of the comb and colony.  I have inspected the portion at my house (which seem to be working and doing their thing just fine) and cannot locate a queen.  So when I go back and if I find the queen and everything goes well, can I combine them back together without them fighting or anything?
"Integrity is key."
~Semper Fi~

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
Re: No Time
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 02:05:17 pm »
Can do a newspaper combine. Will be fine.

Offline Banjeezie

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 02:20:44 pm »
 :wink:
"Integrity is key."
~Semper Fi~

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 09:21:23 pm »
Welcome.  If they are queenless and haven't started making on of their own,  they should accept the other bees.  But a newspaper combine would be safer and only takes a couple of sheets of newspaper. :wink:

Offline Banjeezie

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 10:03:13 am »
So I put the newspaper and put the queenless hive on top.  I'm not sure exactly how to tell if they started making a queen of their own or not, but I checked after 24 hours and the paper was not torn at all so I put a little slit in it like I have seen suggested in other posts.  Will check again in a couple of days.
"Integrity is key."
~Semper Fi~