Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Messages Question  (Read 4070 times)

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
New Messages Question
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:58 am »
A number of other forums I've been on have a "Read First Unread" link on their threads.  (I.E. When you read a topic that you've looked at before, there's a link that will take you to the first message in the thread that you haven't looked at before).

Does such a functionality exist on Beemaster?  If so where is it or how do I activate it?

Thanks.
Chris

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: New Messages Question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:00:29 pm »
A number of other forums I've been on have a "Read First Unread" link on their threads.  (I.E. When you read a topic that you've looked at before, there's a link that will take you to the first message in the thread that you haven't looked at before).

Does such a functionality exist on Beemaster?  If so where is it or how do I activate it?

Thanks.
At the top of this site, it welcomes you and then has [New Posts] [Replies]. If you click on the replies, it shows you any posts that you have posted to and have not seen since the last person posted. The New Posts shows all new posts since your last session.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:48:25 pm »
Not quite my question.  Beemaster does a great job of showing new posts with it's <new> label on threads.  My question is when you open a thread, it opens at the beginning of a thread, what I was looking for was the an option to navigate to the first post within that thread that as a user, I haven't read yet.  I've seen this on a number of other forums.
Chris

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »
There is a "last post" button to the right of the thread heading. I use it and scroll up to where I had left off. It normally is only a post or two.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 02:22:12 pm »
There is a "last post" button to the right of the thread heading. I use it and scroll up to where I had left off. It normally is only a post or two.

Thanks, pretty much what I have been doing.  I guess it works, not quite what I was hoping for.
Chris

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 07:27:58 pm »
I do what sawdstmakr was talking about. I just click on the [New Posts] [Replies] buttons next to my screen name.

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 06:21:12 pm »
I'm more of a go to the subforums I'm most interested in and read all the new messages, oldest first up to the top.  It's just when you go into the messages, knowing where you were/left off can be confusing. 
Chris