Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Out Yard  (Read 4026 times)

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
New Out Yard
« on: August 26, 2009, 01:07:00 pm »
Hello everyone,  This year has certainly been good for us as far as splits, cutouts and swarms.  We ran out of room.  Just when we started thinking we needed to cut down on hives, an individual on craigslist wanted a beekeeper to place hives on his property.  A quick email, and a cell phone call and we are in business.  The guy has a small orchard and a nice clover hay field (ladino).  Nice size pond and trees for winter protection.  We plan to set four of our hives there to winter them over and capture the spring flow.  All the guy wants is a jar or two of honey now and then...LOL   Thanks to the many experienced beekeepers here my wife an I have 27 hives now and growing.

David

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: New Out Yard
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 01:09:38 pm »
Sounds very nice and I am glad that beekeeping is working out so well of you and your wife.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:06:51 pm »
That's fantastic Depence! I wish you the best of luck with it.

Remember that you're doing him a big favor too...his orchard should really produce next year!

Peace be yours,
Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 03:11:21 pm »
Thanks Natalie, we are looking forward to the growth.

hardwood,  I know when we put a hive on my Mothers place, the apple tree exploded with fruit...LOL.  All being said next year could be different.  Never two years the same it seems.  However I believe more people are becoming aware of the need for bees and that helps. 

David

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 03:24:00 pm »
I have no lack of people wanting to help me with my bees, well, at least no lack of trying to find them for me, and find locations to place hives...  (It seems no one wants to actually done protective gear and dive into the pretty boxes with me.... :shock:)  Yes, people seem to be more aware of bees and their place in the circle of life. X:X

anything