Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Weather Predictions???  (Read 4845 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Weather Predictions???
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:04:48 am »
It is Nov. 1st and it is snowing on my hives in South Carolina? You have got to be kidding me  :shock:
John 3:16

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
Re: Weather Predictions???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 10:19:22 am »
that's what I said

Offline Tom K-B

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 11:08:36 am »
Crazy!

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 01:39:55 pm »
It was 71 yesterday in sunny Montana.  It is supposed to be forty for the high and snow and rain tomorrow but that is normal for this time of year here.  We have had a wonderful balmy fall.  One that allowed me to get all my falls work done and bees fed up with comfort and ease.  My condolence on your winter weather.  I know you are not used to it.

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 02:39:52 pm »
the Indians asked their chief. he kept telling they cold colder coldest and frozen.

just ask the weather service

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 09:18:17 pm »
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 10:28:43 pm »
It's global warming. The hotter it gets, the more it snows. Just ask Al Gore.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sterling

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 10:54:34 pm »
It's global warming. The hotter it gets, the more it snows. Just ask Al Gore.

Al probably sent the snow he's just trying to help the .poor little polar bears

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 11:08:53 pm »
We had miserable weather for Halloween up here.  Started out sleeting in the morning, then a cold rain, then snow.  Of coarse the icing on the cake was the wind!  I can’t believe anybody was out trick-er-treating.  Certainly didn’t break any records for nastiness in Michigan, but it sure was miserable.

According to NOAA, the planet is still setting record highs.
http://www.weather.com/news/science/environment/summer-2014-record-warmest-noaa-20140918

Kind of hard to argue with the data, but I do see that the eastern USA is about the only spot on their map cooler than average.  My bet is we (eastern US) are stuck with this abnormally cold pattern again this winter. :(  Probably some ocean current effect  :idunno:

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 12:22:30 am »
Kind of hard to argue with the data, but I do see that the eastern USA is about the only spot on their map cooler than average.  My bet is we (eastern US) are stuck with this abnormally cold pattern again this winter. Sad  Probably some ocean current effect  I dunno

yes that has been proven to be tampered with

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 07:28:31 am »
The older I get (I'm 55 - very young) the more suspicious I get of any organization.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 08:54:09 pm »
Yea there was a 20mph wind all day to boot....
John 3:16

Offline thewhiterhino

• House Bee
  • Bee Happy - Ross Knittel
    • pueblo bee rescue
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 09:04:44 pm »
We had 77 yesterday in Pueblo, CO but it is falling and we're promised our first hard freeze Monday night.
Are any of us really ready for winter..... ever?
If it was easy, everyone would do it....
pueblo-bee-rescue.com

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 09:12:09 pm »
am i the only one that remembers ice storms every march and freezing at high school football games?  this is what i remember being normal from my childhood. 
jay is right, we are in one of the only regions that doesn't have a higher average temperature the last couple of years.  in january of 2013 we were having highs near 80.  i quit hunting because i was worried about rattlesnakes.  go figure. 
i think we're in for another winter like the one we had this year.  it's going to drag into late march or early april. 

Offline hivebuilder

• New Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 08:38:24 am »
warming??? I don't think so . I recently read an article that the temp recording devices scattered around the country were incorrectly placed or that conditions had changed at their locations .ie new asphalt parking lots , buildings or other . they had done a survey of a large # of these weather recording stations all over the country.
this whole deal is another plot to tax us for the air we breathe. this called a co2 emissions tax.
and you think you may be paranoid . maybe not enough

Offline biggraham610

• Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 10:27:34 am »
First hard frost here last night, I love it when the weather turns for the Hunting, but man I hate it for the bees......... G
"The Bees are the Beekeepers"

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 02:56:30 pm »
>The hotter it gets, the more it snows. Just ask Al Gore.

That's why he had to start calling it "climate change" instead of global warming... because it's not warming...  Anybody remember the new "ice age" we were moving into back in the mid 80's...?  I'm glad that's over already...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline biggraham610

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 08:22:03 pm »
>The hotter it gets, the more it snows. Just ask Al Gore.

That's why he had to start calling it "climate change" instead of global warming... because it's not warming...  Anybody remember the new "ice age" we were moving into back in the mid 80's...?  I'm glad that's over already...

whatever he calls it he got rich off the hype. As he burns the electricity of dozens of families and takes jets everywhere, can anyone spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? I think I spelled it right. G :chop:
"The Bees are the Beekeepers"

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2014, 02:17:18 am »
You spell better than Quayle   X:X

On a side note, I heard on NPR (beeks favorite channel) that the Great Lakes are up a whopping 2 feet this year!  That is a heck of a lot of water.  Basically attributed to the cool conditions we've had for the last couple of years.  The cooler weather has resulted in lower rates of evaporation.   

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 07:11:51 am »
Only a foot of it, blue. The other foot came from the other side of the lake where global warming is coming from. It's melting more of the ice.   :evil: :evil:   :lau: :lau: :lau:
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything