Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Maine  (Read 1687 times)

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
Maine
« on: August 14, 2005, 09:51:05 am »
Hi everyone,
    I just got back from a week in Maine.  It was a good time and got to see a lot of my family I was supposed to see before I got sent to Iraq.

My grandfather used to be a potato farmer until about 10 years ago, but still owns all his land.  They sure do have a good flow going on up there.  He doesn't have any hives, but my uncle did up until last year when something killed them off.  I guess he's planning on getting some more next year.  It would be a good thing.  I was taking notice to a lot of the flowers and didn't see any honey bees pollenating.  Just a bunch of bumbles.  I was wondering if anyone from that way had any insight as to why that might be.  There's an apiary somewhere in Augusta.  I was told them name of the apiary but I can't remember it off hand, but anyway, like many Northern bee keeps, they pack up their operation and head south for the winter.  I bought a small jar of their honey from Maine Maple Products but haven't tried it yet.  Looking forward to it though...it looks great.

Well, I need to get ready to inspect my hives so I'll catch everyone later.

- Andy
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

anything