Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The broding pens in our cabin  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The broding pens in our cabin
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:01:39 pm »
Sometimes I hope that I haven't already posted a picture of things, I don't think I did of this, but maybe I have, I guess maybe a little laziness on my part to go through my posts, my bad, sorry if this is a double type post, don't think it is though.  We have a little 400 square foot cabin that has electric heat, hot water, everything and it is perfect for growing babies.  The incubator lives in there too.  Growing the chicks in the basement suite of our house was just not right, especially when we have our house up for sale.  Some people just would not understand, smiling.  So this is it....where the chicks live.   I have gone back to using a red heat lamp, instead of the clear white one, I thought I would try the white, but have read negative comments about picking, interrupting sleep cycles, etc. with the white light. those bigger chicks you see on the right of the second picture have now left the building and are out on their own in a different growing area.  Have that wonderful day, to enjoy our lives, with greatest of health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: The broding pens in our cabin
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 12:09:54 pm »
That is a really nice set up Cindi, he did an awesome job.
Its wonderful to have a husband that can build stuff.
My husband does alot of stuff around here but if there is something he can't do I just call my "other husband". :-D
We have been friends since we were kids and he is Godfather to my oldest daughter.
What my hubby can't do my other hubby can and he yells at me if I hire someone to do something before I ask him if he can do it.

Offline lakeman

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:18 pm »
What keeps the chicks safe in there with the larger older birds?
I am my own biggest critic!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 10:13:03 am »
Lakeman, I have one inch poultry wire that separates the two areas, works really well.  Have that most beautifully awesome and great day, with health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service