Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two Parter Question... We all have favorie films, from Zombies to war and love w  (Read 4776 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
We all have favorite films, from Zombies ,to war and love with westerns and drama, and comedies, and musicals, and on and on - WHICH "show" you would love to directed (assuming it will be a great hit zn from zn generation.

I love several films by Tim Burton and Terry Gilliam both directed to create fantasy worlds then fills then willing people to live the ways the in which they need to, to survive. You cannot create this list without Quintin Terranino's name being mentioned.

M Night shamalon has Inception this week. I will see this so and write a review. If you see it, let us know about it.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
This movie is on my list of movies to see soon.  Also I plan on seeing "Eat, Pray, Love" because I just loved the book.

I await your review.

Annette

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Directed?   Maybe been a part of, yes.  I like The Village.   We all quest for a simpler time, and the "ones we don't speak of" still scared every one.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
I liked a premise in the Village that was missed on - even though it was the underlying theme: That is (let's say) a a bunch of hippies (one of the Tree Hugging, Whale Wars type) Go and live on 1000 acres, planting themselves in the middle of it (or far back end) and tell our children they cannot go passed a few hundred feet on any tree-line in your "commune/compound" by the THIRD GENERATION, no one would know of an outside world - literal can be done in some great comfort if you bought and build great stuff to start your "world" and that anything beyond the trees will kill you or ban you (likely the first) so that no one knows of an outside world and the youngest NOT EVEN understanding such concepts.

For 10's of thousands of generation, families have lived on the same 1/4 acre of land for 50+ generations, then if just a few hundred years, someone discovered all that is technological and geographical and here we are with fantastical toys - far from where our recent elders came from.

Magical stuff to think a family has likely slept in the same building (just rebuild a thousand times) for 10 thousands years, that amazes me, but it has happened. Today, likely 98% of the world can communicate instantly 24 hours a day, if only for emergencies.

Then we have the AGES we have gone through, what do you think is next, which AGE I mean?
My hope, it is an enlightening when through CHEMICALS we discover the laws of PHYSICAL AND CONSCIOUS CONNECTION - an AGE where dying and suffering people are able to RELEASE themselves FROM their physical PAIN RIDDEN BODIES.

The TRUE DAY when MAN meets God' afterlife, experience the Universe AND instantly anywhere in time - TRULY using Einstein answer to bending space and time. I really feel our concious beings are capable of travelings the FAR REACHES of the UNIVERSE and at any time they choose - literally enjoy the CONSCIOUS WORLD and start learning using God's Wikipedia, to experience anything and everything.

I call this age the CONSCIOUS AGE and I feel it is coming soon. I think that a NEW ANESTHESIA is created and can separate the conscious from the body to prevent pain for the patient before, during and after surgeries. They will find its TRUE POTENTIAL, the Psizer's Riser (as they nicknamed a heart medication that aroused men back from the dead - but this drug creates an AGE, a change in man's every movement from then on - whatever is next, has to replace (or put it in second) the ENTERTAINMENT AGE we are in... 5 years ago it was only the Communication Age, but now they  (and I say too) this age we are in, is the ENTERTAINMENT age.

Very likely my wish of the Conscious AGe coming next is MEDICALLY SOUND in a Robert Ludlum kinda way, but who knows, we have to go from HDTV to 3D to HOLOGRAM which is the obvious next technical step. If we get away from what the Internet can do, see the magic or Warfare and Medical Science we have come in 40 years - ever see a 3d Computer grahic in full color of your hear beating, I have it's cool !

SO...... What is the next AGE?????

I'm might split this topic, I like this point Beemaster brought up  :-D

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
The next age?  Old age.   

In the future, there will be no computers, tv, or phones as we know of today.   Everything is not being combined into one and they are getting smaller.   We will have implants.    We will see a screen, but its not there.   Mass communication for everyone.  Almost Borg like.  Who would think that your cell phone has more computing power than a computer from the 60's that filled an entire room (or rooms). 

On your village/ hippie on the 1000 acres.   Remember in the Star trek movie Insurrection,  the people moved to a planet and gave up their technology.   Their children learned about the technology and left the planet only to try to destroy the planet later on.   Would the children's children of the hippie type on their 1000 acres leave all they have ever know for an life more easy once the outside world is opened up to them? 

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
Allen:

Good points, but I say there will always be ADVENTURES, people who HAVE to see what is beyond "Of WHICH WE DO NOT SPEAK!" I guess if all I was brought to believe that the neighborhood I live in, is all that there is LEFT of civility and harmony, there is a world out there, surely we are not alone, not everything left of the world is Evil?!

I'd likely stay and believe the stories, why would our parents (who don't know about an outside world)  even know to tell the truth, they themselves always knew of "Don't go beyond the woods line".

Some people here in the forum surely would "put it all on the line" and go out in the woods and see how bad it really is! We need those types in society. That is why I watch BIG BROTHER 12 (and all previous seasons) I have the 24/7 feed for 8 years now and love studying human behavior. It was just the second eviction and I know all 11 remaining player in detail. Mice in a cage like, after all - we'd all choose our favorite mice.

Anyway. Imagine if we found a NEW secluded civilization somewhere her in the US. Surely 30 yeas ago or less, we didn't have the technology so see every inch of the planet in detail - I think we are lucky the government allows PUBLIC use of the satelites - it is a powerful tool and when connected with the AMAZING MAPPING OPTIONS of GOOGLE - I use there 360 street view to PREDRIVE any new trip I do. I literally step down the road and remember every intersection, it's like de javu the first time you go anywhere.

For those who haven't used this feature, go to Google maps and put any location in there, GRAB the little ORANGE guy to the upper left side of map window, DRAG him to any spot of almost any road the who map of 360 cams turns the highways and streets BLUE - just drop the map on those roads and LIKE MAGIC you are standing here looking in 360 and can click ahead and move down any road. Try going down the BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY, or Smoky Mountain range a few hundred feet at a time - very picturesque indeed.

Einstein said it best; "I don't know what weapons will be used in World War 3... but in world war 4 they will be using STICKS and STONES for weapons!" very likely if we don't get the Ahole Countries off the planet, Iran, Afghanistan, North Korea (just to mention a few) and all could be much different in the world.

I'm affraid of some LEFTWING PLANET'S spaceship coming here and thinking it is humanitarians to kill off 4 Billion people, hopefully with starving, aids infected camps (they don't qualify as countries, they are more a collection of STARVATION CAMPS praying that the world will feed them and get them healthy. I believe proper birth control CAN be enacted globally - the effectiveness might be low, but it surely beats feeding MORE of them.

We are blessed to be an American and all the possibilities I'm willing to take on, Thank GOD I'm not a child in a starving country with a bloated belly, and a face full of flies. Praise He who has always been good to me!

Peace, off to the doctor soon :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
We do have a secluded civilization somewhere her in the US, that knows nothing of our technology.   I am sure there are some Amish communities where the young have never seen a computer screen.   They may know of cell phones, but can they imagine all that a cell phone can do today?  When the young Amish gets older and gets to see some of the world, they still go back to the ways of their parents.  Now wouldn't that make a good TV show?

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
I'm just gonna take a wild stab and say "the sub-atomic age".
be happy and make others happy.

anything