Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Have You Done A Honey Bee Removal?  (Read 5265 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Have You Done A Honey Bee Removal?
« on: November 13, 2022, 07:34:38 am »
Have any of you members ever removed, participated in, or witnessed a Honey Bee Colony Removal?  This is not a survey but may be interesting to some of you....
I am placing this short video here which covers a lot of ground without going into detail. It's less than a minute clip. 

Phillip

https://youtube.com/shorts/96pdu2hB-bo?feature=share
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: Have You Done A Honey Bee Removal?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 09:45:26 am »
I might do upwards of 20 removals a year, this does not include swarms.

First thing I noticed was that the floor had already been pulled up before the camera was turned on.
I would say this is mostly staged for the camera.

I work most removals with out any protection also, I always let the bees tell me what is needed. Keeping the little black German bees as a kid with your veil covered up and having to light the smoker inside of the car........well a couple of stings is really nothing anymore, just part of the territory. People always ask if I get stung, I ask back if they have ever been swimming, the reply is always "yes", then I ask if they got wet doing it. They seem to understand after that.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 09:59:27 am »
>I might do upwards of 20 removals a year, this does not include swarms.

That is awesome!

I have not watched her videos. Short videos are often taken from a longer video and posted for subject interest. It may have very well been staged? Either way, I am hoping it will spark a renewed interest in this section Bee Removal.

Removing bees is how I actually acquired my first hive. Such videos as this sparked my interest.

Personally, I would like to see this section rekindled with more sharing of removals. I would bet there are others such as yourself G3., that remove bees as well.

PS I had an experience with the Black German bee when I was a kid with my Uncle! Man ooh man!

Thanks for your post G3!

Phillip

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 11:22:45 am »
Not only have I done hundreds of removals, but I developed the most successful trapout method that is used anywhere today.
https://beemaster.com/forum/index.php?topic=20301.0
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2022, 11:36:42 am »
That is awesome! I have personally never done a trapout. Thanks for posting this. We never know when we might need or want to give it a go...
With hundreds of cutouts, you are most likely 'among' the 'most' experienced of cut-out folks here! I bet you have some 'good' cutout stories to tell! (hint lol)
Most likely, (since you are a long time member), you have told some good ones here already?

Even those of you which have little experience, I would love to hear of your cut-out 'adventures'. Notice I used the word "Adventures". 
 :grin:

Phillip

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 05:12:20 pm »
If I could figure out how to post pics I would, need to figure out how to resize......HELP! LOL
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 06:26:44 pm »
G3 if you could post those pictures that would be great and appreciated!
I resize and post my pictures from my Mac PC thanks to The15thMember for helping me. What type computer do you use? If yours is Mac I will try and show you one step at a time.

Phillip

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 06:40:00 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 08:38:25 pm »
it is a Lenovo yoga730 laptop running windows 10 on firefox

whew that just about strained my brain

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 08:40:19 pm »
In that case I would be lost. lol.
Maybe The15thMember can help you as well. She is pretty sharp with these computers.

Phillip

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2022, 08:44:46 pm »
Taken from the topic:
"How to resize a photo to be able to post it on BeeMaster. "

I had posted the following on the topic >Mixing sugar syrup by the drum<
A couple members were discussing problems posting pictures. In case the other methods described here fail. I am adding the following option thanks to The15thMember. I hope this helps.

"I use Microsoft Paint on Windows 8, so you will need a PC for this to work, and it may be slightly different if you have another version of Windows.  Open your file explorer, go to your pictures, and right click on the picture you want to resize.  Roll over "Open with" and choose Microsoft Paint.  In Paint you'll see a button that says "Resize" and if you click that it opens a window where you can reduce the picture by a percentage.  For most of my pictures, I make them about 20% of their original size, but it will depend on your camera how much you need to reduce them.  When you are happy with the size of the image, click save and at the bottom it will tell you the new file size.  Just be sure the individual pictures are less that 200 kb and you'll be good to go."

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 09:03:53 pm »

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2022, 09:27:19 pm »

bees in a block wall at a giant food distributor, at the truck shop, high above the fuel pump
........and almost every driver was highly allergic to bee stings  :shocked:

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2022, 09:30:38 pm »

cut out at doctors house, on the balcony at the master bedroom

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 09:34:24 pm »

In the floor joist of a house, brick exterior so we went through the floor

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2022, 09:38:24 pm »

trap out on brick wall, look hard and you will see the cone is over the water hose spigot.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2022, 09:50:31 pm »

Bees in a fiberglass porch column, all the junk need to do a cut out with ease, my wife doing clean up of the bees

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2022, 09:53:20 pm »
Good interesting pictures G3. Beautiful comb!  I like the way you had everything needed laid out.. Looks like you had some good help as well! Always a big plus.... Thanks for posting!

Phillip

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2022, 09:56:09 pm »

putting up a bracket for the bait hive

minutes after putting the tap out cone on the wall

block wall of a dumpy apartment building

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2022, 09:25:06 am »
bees in a block wall at a giant food distributor, at the truck shop, high above the fuel pump
........and almost every driver was highly allergic to bee stings  :shocked:
Isn't it amazing how colonies seem to always seek out the location most densely populated with allergic people!  :wink: :cheesy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2022, 01:18:33 pm »

In the floor joist of an apartment building

anything