BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > HONEYBEE REMOVAL

Beemaster's Swarm and Bee Remover Map

(1/24) > >>

Robo:
The goal of the Swarm and Bee Removal Map is to provide a means for people with bee "issues" to find help near them.  In keeping with our non-commercial ideology the mapping system was developed to promote members that support our forum (participation-wise, NOT monetarily) and not just promote those who join just to get their information on the map.   In addition to promoting our members,  it is imperative that the information on the map stay current, and that members can update their information in a consistent and easy manner.

Any member can submit their information for the map.  But to show on the map,  the member must have at least 30 posts in the forum, have logged into the forum at least once in the last 30 days, and have verified their map information within the last year.

All of these criteria are maintained and monitored by the mapping application,  so if you do not meet one or more of these,  you will not show on the map.  But once you meet all the criteria, your information will automatically appear on the map without any additional actions required on your part.

Example 1: You only have 20 posts in the forum, but you want to be listed on the map and submit your information.  Once approved, you will not show on the map initially,  but once your post count hits 30,  your information will automatically show. 

Example 2: You are listed on the map and stop participating in the forum for a couple of months and your info falls off the map because you don't meet the "active in the last 30 days" criteria.   You return to the forum 3 months later.  Once you return,  your info will automatically appear on the map and the 30 day clock starts again.

Example 3: You are listed on the map, but fail to verify your information on a yearly basis.  Once the your info is verified and approved, you will appear on the map again.

Yearly Verification:
Yearly verification emails will be sent to the email you register with at the 12 month mark. a 2nd reminder will be sent 2 weeks later.  You will be removed from the map 2 weeks after the second notice if your information has not been verified.  It is important that you whitelist administrator@beemaster.com if you use a spam filter to guarantee you get the verification notices.

There are also different color markers on the map to identify a members standing within the forum

- Super member - Those members with more than 1500 posts
- Dedicated member - Those members with 500 - 1500 posts
- Active member - Those members with 30 - 499 posts

You can visit the map and add/update/remove your information by using "bee removal" in the menu bar or buy clicking here.

JP:
Great job Rob!

...JP

Brian D. Bray:
This is really a fantastic update.  I applaud you for all the time and effort you put into the project.  I'm really impressed with the pop up when you put the cursor on a flag, nice big easily read letters with all pertinent info. 

Excellent.

KONASDAD:
Robo- great job. I do have a question. Since NJ is small, how will people find all of the flags for individuals? If I am on the map, I cant find myself for example. I might just be ahead of your posting.....

Robo:

--- Quote from: KONASDAD on February 18, 2009, 03:22:06 pm ---Robo- great job. I do have a question. Since NJ is small, how will people find all of the flags for individuals? If I am on the map, I cant find myself for example. I might just be ahead of your posting.....

--- End quote ---

The map supports the normal google map controls for zoom/pan.  I picked the default zoom to fit the whole US since that seemed like a logical place to start.

NJ is no different than any other state as far as zoom level.  People will overlap if they live in close proximity to each other.  With a little zooming and panning,  folks can find all the beeks in their vicinity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version