Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to boil a fresh egg - from your yard  (Read 7232 times)

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: How to boil a fresh egg - from your yard
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 10:38:32 pm »
Brian,
When you pluck them, do you dip them in 150 degree water?
It makes a big difference.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Sniper338

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 12:29:39 am »
A new egg told the pot of boiling water, "it aint gonna be easy to get me hard, i just got laid".

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 12:54:50 pm »
 :cheesy:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 07:34:46 pm »
I got tired of fooling around with boiling eggs, ice water, etc.  I got a steamer from amazon.  Best purchase ever!  You probably could steam them in a vegetable steamer, but this one times it and turns off on its own.  They come in various sizes.  Only bad thing about mine is that it has a buzzer on it that sounds like the ones they use in Basketball games.  If you aren't ready for it, it's shocking   :grin:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline brookscj

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 11:19:20 pm »
I've got another tip on boiling eggs.  If you want centered yolks for deviled eggs, pickling,  or plan on eating them whole and don't want wasted eggs due to the yolk being to close to the shell, all you have to do is stir them gently as they cook. Start with the eggs in room temp water and stir until they are to the soft boiled stage.  This works really well if you are a fan of pickled quail eggs because the yolk is so much larger inside a quail egg compared to a chicken egg.  I would loose lots of quail eggs to torn whites until I learned this little trick.

P.S. I also use Julia Childs method for prepping eggs for pealing and it is flawless.
"Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul."  Luther Burbank

anything