Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Flowers please  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Flowers please
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2020, 03:41:23 pm »
Beautiful
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2020, 05:38:31 pm »
Mr. Ben, you mentioned up north cold, cold short season, yet bees prosper to the contrary.

I discovered living in Montana, the grass is much higher in protein compared to southern grass.  Blue gamma, buffalo grass obtains a height of about 6 inches yet the mule seek out and can prosper all winter on such sparse grass.  I could see dirt, top soil the grass is sparse but loaded with minerals and protein thur the roof.  Not talking about alfalfa but plain ol native northern grass of Montana is rich compared to the south,

I am going to take a guess and assume the flowers of North are rich in nectar/pollen compared to the south.  Just a hunch, no facts other than my eyes on sparse buffalo grass and prospering wildlife.

Did you folks see the pic HP posted of the clover field.....as far as the eye could see.  Ian post infinite cannoli fields also.  🇨🇦 is so rich in flowers.

HP: Send your maple syrup.

Seeb, that a beautiful flowered area, complete with an adorable kitty.

Health to the bees.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.

Offline Seeb

• House Bee
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 11:33:58 pm »
HP - breathtaking pics is that crimson clover
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 08:41:09 am by Seeb »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2020, 12:17:18 am »
What you are saying stands to reason Mr Van. Thanks for the information. Not only are our friends further north packed with potent, delightful plants, with strong nectar and pollen producing flows; our friends do not have to worry with the SHB!!
Mr HP it won't be long and you will be full speed ahead.

Let me add, I also enjoyed the pictures posted here of the beautiful flowering plants. Thanks to each of you for taking the time to post these.

Phillip Hall
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
Flowers please
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2020, 09:09:44 pm »
Yay!  Finally a break from Winter's grasp in the North here.  Bees are flying for first time yesterday and I was able to open the first hive this afternoon. Laid eyes on the first queen and brood patch of the 2020 season.  Just getting started and I am already waaaay behind! LoL!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:15:22 pm by TheHoneyPump »
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline van from Arkansas

• Super Bee
  • Van from Arkansas.
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2020, 10:27:28 pm »
Very good news Honey Pump.  I was wondering about your snow and cold. Thanks for the update.
I have been around bees a long time, since birth.  I am a hobbyist so my answers often reflect this fact.  I concentrate on genetics, raise my own queens by wet graft, nicot, with natural or II breeding.  I do not sell queens, I will give queens  for free but no shipping.