Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Life of the Outlaw  (Read 14829 times)

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
The Life of the Outlaw
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2019, 11:10:02 pm »
https://youtu.be/uCqmTBhgAus

Busters mini-story at the befinning of the series is quite good if you like twangy tunes and gun fights. .   Watch all 6 of the short films in it if you are into films that are subliminal.  Not for everyone, as the undertones are quite dark throughout.

https://youtu.be/lXna1a-806Q
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 03:15:49 am by TheHoneyPump »
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: The Life of the Outlaw
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 09:42:18 pm »
Phillip -- What a great video!  I was laying in bed last night and watching it and struggling not to laugh out loud.  That's some good TV right there.  :happy:  Live TV just isn't like that anymore; everything is so scripted.  When I have some time, I'll have to look up Merle Haggard's impressions of Johnny Cash.

THP -- Wow, I had no idea Tim Blake Nelson could sing.  I also see that the 2nd song you posted was nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars last year.  Let's face it though, that song was never going to beat "Shallow" from A Star is Born.  By the way, if anyone hasn't watched the new A Star is Born movie, you need to.  It's absolutely phenomenal.  And that's not coming from someone who likes girly musicals or rom-coms or anything, okay.  Even my Dad LOVED it.  And it's apparently nothing like the original, so if you've seen that, don't judge it on that either.                 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 11:06:59 pm »
Phillip -- What a great video!  I was laying in bed last night and watching it and struggling not to laugh out loud.  That's some good TV right there.  :happy:  Live TV just isn't like that anymore; everything is so scripted.  When I have some time, I'll have to look up Merle Haggard's impressions of Johnny Cash.

THP -- Wow, I had no idea Tim Blake Nelson could sing.  I also see that the 2nd song you posted was nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars last year.  Let's face it though, that song was never going to beat "Shallow" from A Star is Born.  By the way, if anyone hasn't watched the new A Star is Born movie, you need to.  It's absolutely phenomenal.  And that's not coming from someone who likes girly musicals or rom-coms or anything, okay.  Even my Dad LOVED it.  And it's apparently nothing like the original, so if you've seen that, don't judge it on that either.                 

Member with that recommendation, I look forward to seeing the new, A Star is Born. Thanks for the recommendation.
HP I especially like the last one. Thanks.
Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2019, 12:49:58 am »

Member with that recommendation, I look forward to seeing the new, A Star is Born. Thanks for the recommendation.
Phillip

I'm not a fan of either actor - but in fairness, that was an excellent movie. Very well done.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2019, 02:16:29 am »

Phillip

I'm not a fan of either actor - but in fairness, that was an excellent movie. Very well done.

Alan, I watch so little TV, I don't know ANYTHING about them. I would not know one from the other. Maybe I am on the dark side of the moon! Haa Haa  :cheesy:
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2019, 06:20:15 pm »
While we are on music;

This is Ashley Campbell and Carl Jackson. Carl is from right here in Mississippi. (Louisville)  He played with Glen Campbell since he was 17. Banjo, Guitar, and I think fiddle.  Ashley is Glens daughter. I figured this might be a pleasant addition to yalls day.

https://youtu.be/5UwdhqEFbQU

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:28:25 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2021, 01:28:17 pm »
My favourite is big iron

Here is Martys' version of Big Iron.

https://youtu.be/zzICMIu5zFY

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 02:52:54 pm »
My favourite is big iron

Here is Martys' version of Big Iron.

https://youtu.be/zzICMIu5zFY
I actually bought this album on CD a few months ago.  There is not a bad song on there. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.