Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cattle prices  (Read 2633 times)

Offline 220

• House Bee
Cattle prices
« on: April 13, 2017, 12:30:00 am »
Local autumn weaner sale was yesterday, sold a small pen of steers and another of heifers. August calves so around 8 months of age, kept the best of the heifers as replacement breeders.
Fat and regular sales are all cents per kg here in Aus but special weaner sales are always conducted as $ per head. Steers made $1120, heifers $890.
A pen of PTIC cows with calves at foot mat $3200 a head, cattle prices are at all time highs in Aus and with good rain over much of the country look like they will stay that way for a while.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Cattle prices
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 08:22:50 am »
Over here about a year or so ago my cousin was astounded at the prices he was getting for his cows. He said he couldn't believe it.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:14 am »
Over here about a year or so ago my cousin was astounded at the prices he was getting for his cows. He said he couldn't believe it.

I remember those times. NOw people say the prices are ok but not great.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 09:57:39 am »
Local autumn weaner sale was yesterday, sold a small pen of steers and another of heifers. August calves so around 8 months of age, kept the best of the heifers as replacement breeders.
Fat and regular sales are all cents per kg here in Aus but special weaner sales are always conducted as $ per head. Steers made $1120, heifers $890.
A pen of PTIC cows with calves at foot mat $3200 a head, cattle prices are at all time highs in Aus and with good rain over much of the country look like they will stay that way for a while.

People around where I live say prices are ok but not great. I wonder why prices vary by region.

anything